Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats up Guys, Just trying to see if anyone out there are drag racing their convertible 03/04 CObra's and what times are they getting... i raced my convertible about 2 months back and went 7.29 @ 98 on a 1/8th with a slipping clutch, since then i installed a DFX from center force, i have a 2.3 whipple running a 2.75 / 4 pound lower combo, car made 671rwhp std , i thinks that puts it around 640rwhp sae or so... just trying to compare to other convertible cobra's out there, thanks....:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The Dynospeed boys have a real fast White Cobra. I think it ran low 10's.

A guy in our club, Carlos, has a Silver KB car that went 10.60's. 6 spped/IRS.

J.R.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
A man here in Jacksonville went 9:80/90s? with his comp o vert. He is also using a whipple.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
dsg ftmw

On my 3.25 upper and 2# lower whipple this car screams, havent lost on the street yet, track times coming soon. And my color is by far the fastest lol. Team difeo makes awesome builds that run strong and perform.:welcome:

Attachments

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Dynospeed boys have a real fast White Cobra. I think it ran low 10's.

A guy in our club, Carlos, has a Silver KB car that went 10.60's. 6 spped/IRS.

J.R.
yeah you're right i do remember that white convertible cobra, but if im not mistaken it has a solid and auto in it right??

As far as your buddy 10.60's is flying dude... thanks ... :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
yeah you're right i do remember that white convertible cobra, but if im not mistaken it has a solid and auto in it right??

As far as your buddy 10.60's is flying dude... thanks ... :beerchug:
Yep, the white one was auto/solid.

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
There are some mean verts out there! Hopefully I'll be in the 10's this fall.

i have a 2.3 whipple running a 2.75 / 4 pound lower combo, car made 671rwhp std , i thinks that puts it around 640rwhp sae or so... just trying to compare to other convertible cobra's out there, thanks....:beerchug:
Our cars are probably comparable. KB 2.6, 19lbs, 600/580 SAE. Car was on 17" drag radials, weight of 4015lbs with driver.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep 10.60 full wieght 6sp , irs. with a cage. with my new set up i should be 9's here soon
that's flying man... :beer:, i hope my car gets to go just as fast, i live in southern cali, not to many people race convertibles... Most Have told me the car wouldn't go faster that it was to heavy but i hope to prove them wrong this summer :moon: lol

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are some mean verts out there! Hopefully I'll be in the 10's this fall.

Our cars are probably comparable. KB 2.6, 19lbs, 600/580 SAE. Car was on 17" drag radials, weight of 4015lbs with driver.

hey dude what drag radials are you running? im thinking of switching over to a set of dr's
for my bogarts now ... ive seen people getting 1.5's on them thats insane!!!

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
hey dude what drag radials are you running? im thinking of switching over to a set of dr's
for my bogarts now ... ive seen people getting 1.5's on them thats insane!!!
Mickey Thompson 275 DRs on stock cobra rims.
What tires are on the Bogarts now?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mickey Thompson 275 DRs on stock cobra rims.
What tires are on the Bogarts now?
well i have used 2 different sets, first i had hoosier 28x10 , then i tried M/T et streets
they are 27x10.5 both on 16 inch rims but didnt really like the m/t's i noticed they tend to walk more then the hoosiers on the big end... but i know Drag radials dont have that problem

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
There are a few fast vert's around... you just have to kick over some rocks to find their hiding place :wink:

I've been trying to make the bid at being the fastest 6 speed/IRS/twin screw convertible in the country for about three years now... but haven't had any sucess towards that goal in recent times. The fastest my car went back in March of 05 was 7.03 @ 102 on 275/40-17 MT Street Radials on 17 psi with a 2.3L. Since then I've upgraded a bunch of stuff except for the stock motor... last time at the track in January was a dissapointing best of 7.48 @ 101 on 335 Hoosier DR's with a 1.85 60 foot time.
Maybe this fall I'll get the monkey off my back and run some decent times in my car at last.

The white Dynospeed built car went low 10's/high 9's with an auto and a SRA and nitrous... he's since switched over to a centri set-up to run in the Renegade class IIRC. The orange car owned by Boyd went into the 9's as well with a 2.3L on the 6 speed/IRS... but his motor was fully built and he had nitrous on that pass as well.

Shannon

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are a few fast vert's around... you just have to kick over some rocks to find their hiding place :wink:

I've been trying to make the bid at being the fastest 6 speed/IRS/twin screw convertible in the country for about three years now... but haven't had any sucess towards that goal in recent times. The fastest my car went back in March of 05 was 7.03 @ 102 on 275/40-17 MT Street Radials on 17 psi with a 2.3L. Since then I've upgraded a bunch of stuff except for the stock motor... last time at the track in January was a dissapointing best of 7.48 @ 101 on 335 Hoosier DR's with a 1.85 60 foot time.
Maybe this fall I'll get the monkey off my back and run some decent times in my car at last.

The white Dynospeed built car went low 10's/high 9's with an auto and a SRA and nitrous... he's since switched over to a centri set-up to run in the Renegade class IIRC. The orange car owned by Boyd went into the 9's as well with a 2.3L on the 6 speed/IRS... but his motor was fully built and he had nitrous on that pass as well.

Shannon
you're car is flying man 7.0 with only 17 psi... quick question how much power did you're car make on the 17 psi? i know my car only went 7.20 cause of the bad clutch even the mph was low too @ 97-98, well man if you have any tips i would really apreciate the help.. :beerchug:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm impressed with how those verts run, I'm not gonna be even close:naww:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a single 78MM sonic blue vert.

Just got everything put together. No track times yet :(

Keep them verts rockin !!!!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts