Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK guy's who is going to have the fastest gen II this year SAL , JOHNNY LIGHTNING, JIM at JDM or CHARLIE ETC. opinions please, NO BASHING of venders please it's not going to happen on this forum so don't try it. thank you

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
Who is the fastest now? Last I heard Sal was
Sal is still the fastest Gen 2.........

conleymotorsports..........don't forget about guys like HDMLNIUM

--Joe

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I left some people out started the thread right before I left for work HDMLNIUM is definitly a contender for fastest truck. Does JIm at JDM still own his personal truck haven't heard much about his truck this year.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Jim's personal truck is under going a lot of work right now. He has a motor ready to go in. The whole truck is gutted right now. Last time I was in Jersey they were doing a C-notch to the frame to lower the truck, then I think they were gonna try and put it back together. He doesn't have much time though with all the customer's vehicles he has been working on and all the FFW events lately. I hope he gets it going soon. That truck put out some impressive numbers runn the stock eaton and I think a 150 shot of nitrous. Not bad were as everyone else was running an aftermarket blower and one running a huge shot of nitrous.

Sal's truck should fly once it is back together. I believe he is now running a Works140 and a big shot of Nitrous. That should easily approach if not break into the 9's.

Haven't heard much from JLP this year though>??? I know Charlie's truck is hauling some major azz and he is planning on spraying it which will bring him down to the low 10 high 9 sec range.

Bill's truck will be a beast once they open up the bottle on that too!

I think this fall is gonna be a lot of fun watching these guys duke it out for the top spot. I just wish I had their kind of money so I could be there too! :) Goodluck to everyone I hope you all achieve your personal goals for this year. -Mat-

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think your right I think its going to be impressive. Wonder if we will see a low nine from a cobra this year.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i dont doubt for a minute that the crown will be passed around by a few guys this fall. jlp is having electrical problems (keeps blowing fuses to his fuel pumps) and a few other little things. johnny is running a stroker now and testing all these new cam grinds. i think jlp will still own the fastest non nitrous gen 2 this year. i would love to see sals truck running again this fall hopefully in BG. like stated above i haven't heard anything from jdm's truck this year. then theirs the truck that REM is building. :shocked its going to be fun watching from the cheap seats. for sure.

my vote for the 1st in the 9's would have to be johnny if he gets everything running right. with Sal a close second. only because of his misfortune with the crank.

just remember its a whole new set of rules to run 9's 12 point cage, and all of the other sf1 stuff.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your right about the roll cage rule but the small tracks usually don't say a word as long as their is a cage in it but as you know if they try it at a national event it's a whole diferent story.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Seems to me that all the big dogs have hit a tuning snag or the proverbial wall so to speak. They can get the big numbers on the dyno but they can't get it at the track. Or another observation would be.....they can't put together a full 1/4 mile without bustin somethin.
If I'm wrong about this let me know, but from what I've seen there have been no succesful high boost runs. (25 lbs boost)

Wonder what the problem is ???
Dale

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hevy D said:
Seems to me that all the big dogs have hit a tuning snag or the proverbial wall so to speak. They can get the big numbers on the dyno but they can't get it at the track. Or another observation would be.....they can't put together a full 1/4 mile without bustin somethin.
If I'm wrong about this let me know, but from what I've seen there have been no succesful high boost runs. (25 lbs boost)

Wonder what the problem is ???
Dale
Probably has something to do with the weight these things are pulling down the track. Just my guess though. Even a "race-truck" is still over 4k lbs.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i give props to Sal and Johnny. their out there breaking sh!t to help everyone else and themselfs find the breaking points (weakest links) of these trucks. just think if everyone would have believed putting a larger lower pulley on the blower was bad and shouldn't be done. or running more than a 75 shot to cool the air temp. where would we be???

i do give jdm credit but haven't heard a single thing about his personal truck this year. and look at what all of these guys customers are running.

simply amazing.

·
Registered
375 Posts
rdy2rac said:

i do give jdm credit but haven't heard a single thing about his personal truck this year.

simply amazing.
His personall truck has been on a lift for the last year. He never had time for it working on all of his customer's trucks. I mean in all honesty I think JDM has what 2 customers in the 10's and a boat load of them knocking on the 10's too. Jim is focusing more on making his customers go fast rather then himself. Just my $.02 JDM has a lot of FAST customers. -Mat-

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WORKSPOWERONTOP WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? jdm HAS TONS OF CUSTOMERS OR ARE YOU TRYING TO BASH HIM, IF YOU ARE WE DON'T GO FOR THAT ON THIS SITE THANK YOU..-JEFF-.

·
Registered
69 Posts
well at least my truck is running, of all the above trucks becides charlie I think I am the only one running.

I hope, and plan to be in the 10's next time I race

I have had three 7.0 1/8 miles times this season, but since I was braket racing this summer, I had to slam on my brakes each of those runs. If I had run those runs all the way through the finish line I would have had three 10 second runs allready

:lol

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
hey guys i kinda miss typed my point. i was trying to say outta last years top three that i have seen sal's truck burst into flames from a nitrous back fire and have seen johnny oil down the track due to a blower belt flying off and cutting his trans cooler lines. i was simply just saying that i have not heard of jdms truck out to the track at all. that was all i was stating i know everone of them have been busy making sure their customers are happy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hevy D said:
Hi Don
I take it from what you just posted the even Bill (HDMLNIUM) is down?
Dale (Bad as L)
nothing is broken, but it is in NJ getting some tuning done. Since Jim is in Texas for the FFW finals it isn't getting driven.

A bunch of us are going down to NJ on the 1st of october and I am sure you will be hearing some new times then.

Hopefully sal and Johnny will be there too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts