Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
upgraded fuel rails that is

gary, if you dont mind could you post all the features on the php setup? total OTD price for everything needed

doug, when do you think you will have something

rick, how bout you, or will you sell the billetflows if doug makes em

i found some here but there still pricey, trying to work a deal, wonder what the diffrence is between these and billetflow.
www.deviant-racing.com
i think he told me 429 with everything including oem line adaptors. the rails in the pics are on lidos 03 powered fox body and he can get me a set in blue to match my car in a week.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Matt,

Make sure whatever rails you use have provision for the FRP sensor (unless you plan on switching to return-style).
The PHP ones do.

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
matt lankford said:
Fuel Rail Pressure transducer. It's on the driver's side fuel rail.

MJ

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
matt lankford said:
do they usually re-use the stock setup or is that one upgraded from paul as well., thanks
Paul's fuel rails for the '03 have a boss where the FRP sensor bolts in. Most other rails that I've seen do not have that. I assume that is because most everyone that upgrades their fuel rails on a Mustang is making so much power that they end up switching to a return-style system. With the release of the '03 Cobra, now Mustangs can make about 600rwhp on the returnless fuel-system in it's relatively stock form.

Anyway, just ask whoever you buy them from if they will work in a returnless application.

Best,

MJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im guessing a boss is a hole in the rail for the frp? are you doing rails on your car with all that juice on top of the boost?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
matt lankford said:
im guessing a boss is a hole in the rail for the frp? are you doing rails on your car with all that juice on top of the boost?
Yeah, it's basically a hole. :)

We won't be upgrading the fuel rails at this time. One of the advantages is increased rail volume which tends to reduced the peak-to-peak variations in the FRP output. This makes the PCM's job of regulating pressure easier. Since the pressure stays more consistent, it is easier to regulate air/fuel also. The rails won't hurt but they may not be necessary at the hp level that we're going to run. Dyno testing and a bunch of datalogging will tell. Stay tuned.

MJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts