Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Above is a pic of Hammer's car starting a burnout before the 10 second run. The track photogropher also got a nice shot of the launch. Hammer when you get a chance come up and get it.

I want to give a huge thumbs up for Jimmy V. and Hammer to come out and support the 03 Cobra's. Hammer and Jimmy are true enthusiasts. Their were only six Cobra's their and we had 40 Lightning's. They were welcomed into the Lightning community because they are true enthusiasts and they show up to the events to support the Cobra group even if it is a small turnout. I was hoping that more 03 Cobra guys would show up for these events.

Keyboard racing is fun but there is nothing like taking it to the track. At every event the Lightning guys come out in record numbers.

Thank you Jimmy V and Hammer and to the other four Cobra's.

[email protected]

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Jim,
It was really a great time.Metting and hangin with all the Lightning guys.
We need to put the Terminator and Lightning guys and gals together more in the Future.
We all have so much in common.
Thank's again for your hospitality.Looking foward to more events and get Togethers..:D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
You buy a car for $35,000 and then do another $5-!0K in mods. You get an awesome muscle car.

And all of this fun and friendship comes with it.

What a bargain!!!

Thanks for the kind words, Jim. The 03 Cobra is a close 'cousin' to the Lightning and I feel the BOLT love.

You'll never get rid of me now!

:salute

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Oh yeah, more info.

I just was told that the JDM black 03 Cobra went even faster after Jimmy V and I left the track.

It clicked off an 11.1 at <122?>. Not positive on the MPH but the ET is correct.

It wasn't blistering hot in Epping but the air was WET for certain. Man, I am DAMN IMPRESSED with those cams!!

I think that the car will run 10's within the next week or two...once the tune is dialed in.

Congrats on the cam project, Jim. I know how much time and work went into it... it was a crap shoot and you rolled box cars.

;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts