Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself here. I've been a long time mustang fan but was always with pushrod motors, untill recently. Now I'm fixing to be the proud owner of a 98 V6 car with full bullitt swap! Everything from interior to drivetrain, suspension, brakes, electronics, etc.....

Now with that being said...... I've run across a deal on a Modmax 5.1 stroker shortbloc(H-beam Rods, Manley 7cc pistons) MV performance stage 3 heads and cams along with a vortech V1 set up for 14psi. Now my question is..... What all support mods are required for a motor of this nature? I plan on running my bullitt intake set up as what I have read has been pretty good..... But I know the fuel system is gonna need alot of attn. the car's chassis is ready to go.... Weld in subframe connectors, 31spline Moser, upper/lower control arms and such..... Along with a Tremec w/ king cobra 11".

I've been reading up on the dbl pump billet fuel hats to run dual pumps(I've never messed with anything of this magnitude as my other cars in the past were all bolt on stuff) would all new fuel lines be needed? Supply and return? Upgraded fuel rails?

Thank for you guys help and please bear with me as this is my first Mod motor experience

· Registered
747 Posts
A cobra fuel hat with two svt focus pumps or the new Lethal Division X pumps, a Kenne Bell 40 amp Boost a Pump, and 72lb injectors should be able to handle that. I'm guessing that setup would make around 600rwhp.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
600hp? Wow!!!! Wasn't expecting that much!!! I'd be tickeled to death bout that! So jus a standard Cobra fuel hat? A FORE hat isn't any better? And difference? What about fuel lines and fuel rails???

· Registered
747 Posts
600hp? Wow!!!! Wasn't expecting that much!!! I'd be tickeled to death bout that! So jus a standard Cobra fuel hat? A FORE hat isn't any better? And difference? What about fuel lines and fuel rails???
The norm for 9-10psi intercooled or meth injected with blower cams and stock heads/intake with full bolt ons is 440-470rwhp. You have a 5.1 with stage 3 ported heads and stage 3 cams pushing 14psi. Do you want to convert the car to a return sytle fuel system? Pretty sure if you are staying returnless you don't need to touch the rails or lines. You can pick up a used cobra hat with pumps for $200-$250 or look for a complete 03/04 cobra fuel tank setup which usually goes for around $600. I'm sure someone pushing around that power will chime in here to let you know how they did it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.