Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Breaking a Valve at E town in November,and chasing some Spark issues it was nice to drive my car home....
I want to put some miles on it before i race it again.
I put the 50lb injectors back in with the chip and it feels good.

618rwhp and 518ft.lbs. A hopefully safe setup..12 degrees timing and 11.2 AF..Runs nice on Pump Gas..

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Glad To Hear....

R. Stinchcomb said:
....I was starting to think you didn't love us GeeTee's anymore :(

now, which one you bringin' to the shoot-out :confused:

Randy
Thank's guys,, Randy I want to race the GT at the Shootout..
UPDATE!!!

I broke the tranny today,, no complaits i wanted to lower the stall speed,,40 passes and 150 dyno pulls,,I guess i have no complaints.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Yo Jim whats the rundown on your mods? Those numbers are very nice considering the timing and such. Two thumbs up!

Razor.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Good Gawd bro, 160lb injectors????:eek: Are those really neccessary Jim? (LOL!) That's one fine car you got there. I got a couple other questions for you too. I'm sure this isn't your daily driver, but just how streetable is it? As you may know my goal is 650hp at the wheels with full streetability, working A/C, and P/S. Also what kind of times are you running with that monster? Ever try and get it past emmisions?:D

Razor.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Razor, I drove my car to CECIL and back(400Mile Trip) ,,Made 3 10sec passes and drove it home with AC on..It gets 17mpg on trips..Maybe 10 in the city..Not daily driver but very streeable with 3720lb Race weight.
The injectors have since been changed,,I am lowering the Stall to be even more Street friendly.
The tranny has lock up so once locked up no converta slip..It also has another lock up for OD.
My simple Goal is low 10sec car on Drag radials.
I'd like to get a 9sec Slip with a few degrees more timimg with race fuel and slicks.
The car made 31 10sec passes in a row.
Sorry it don't pass emissions without making a few changes..

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Darkhorse99 said:
Jim, do you have a return fuel system on the car, or do you still have the returnless style still on the car.?
Return Style,,, Old tried and true setup.. Weldon Pump,Sumped tank, Fuel lines..

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Razor, I drove my car to CECIL and back(400Mile Trip) ,,Made 3 10sec passes and drove it home with AC on..It gets 17mpg on trips..Maybe 10 in the city..Not daily driver but very streeable with 3720lb Race weight.
The injectors have since been changed,,I am lowering the Stall to be even more Street friendly.
The tranny has lock up so once locked up no converta slip..It also has another lock up for OD.
My simple Goal is low 10sec car on Drag radials.
I'd like to get a 9sec Slip with a few degrees more timimg with race fuel and slicks.
The car made 31 10sec passes in a row.
Sorry it don't pass emissions without making a few changes..
Thanks for the info Jim.;) What size fuel injectors are you using now?

Razor.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
akatherazor4 said:
Thanks for the info Jim.;) What size fuel injectors are you using now?

Razor.
I went back to the 50's with 60lbs fuel pressure..I am going to try 72lb injectors next.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jimfitzgerald said:
Which Weldon fuel pump are you running? I'm running the 2025. What fuel pressure do you run on the street?
2025 also..with the 50lb inj ,,i run 65lbs FP

·
Registered
8 Posts
jimfitzgerald said:
Which Weldon fuel pump are you running? I'm running the 2025. What fuel pressure do you run on the street?
I too have the Weldon 2025 pump. Talk about LOUD! It literally overwhelms the exhaust note. How about you guys? Maybe mine is going bad or something? I even made rubber pads to put between the pump and bracket. It actually helped a little. Everywhere I go, people always ask "what is that buzzing noise, is your fuel pump going bad?". :(

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mine is very loud also..I put rear seats back in..Without the rear seats you hear pump even louder..
It never failed ..So I'd rather hear it..

·
Registered
8 Posts
jimfitzgerald said:
Do either of you have problems with fuel pressure when it gets extremely hot?
Not me. But then again, I don't drive the car everyday, nor have I driven it for more than an hour at a time (still working out some bugs).
I mounted mine between the rear bumper and the trunk; it's no where near the tailpipes. I took the bumper off and cut a notch just big enough for the upper part of the pump to fit. I can post some pics if you want Higgins to do the same for you. You can probably do it yourself, actually. It was pretty easy. If you have a cutting tool/whiz wheel, saber saw, etc. it can be done fairly easily. I was trying to hide as much as possible hence my decision to stuff it behind the bumper.

How did you guys vent your fuel tank? I took all the emissions/vapor control stuff off, and now the tank has no vent :(
If I put fuel in it too fast, it throws up on me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts