Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally got my stang the other day she's a 2000 gt auto, plans 4 now are full exhaust, cai, ud pullys, and gears, 410's probably. i got all the buddy's with the lt1's and the ls1's just like everyone else thats y i bought the mustang!!! with these mods can i run with a ls1? or will i have to invest in some n20 as well to keep up??? i never knew there was such a power difference until i got reamed by a ss camaro:mad2: so any help to keep up is greatly apprieciated

·
Registered
7 Posts
congrats on your purchase. i dont know much about the LT1 motors but i know you might be good with the mods you stated for the LS1. i ran a stock LS1 w my stock 5.0 and had him by a nose hair. the more you do, the better. post some pix of ur stang.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Save $$ for a blower.:tip:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a daily driver for now but will probably be looking to invest a lot more than bolt on's when shes is paid for as for now tho i dont wanna get to extreme just eat a camaro here and there.... can beat the ricers around here easily, looking to get in the low 13's with bolt ons is that possible?

·
Geology and Cars
1,650 Posts
Hell even high 12's are possible with most of the bolt on's and some gears.

Nice color choice OP! If I was to get a new edge, that would be my color of choice!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah i liked the color that was wat caught my eye first im lookin in to gettin a mach 1 chin spoiler, grille delete. either a cobra r high rise spoiler or a wing delete idk havent seen enuff to decide yet.... btw thx for all the input

·
Registered
492 Posts
yep nice ride time to lower it though

·
Registered
745 Posts
finally got my stang the other day she's a 2000 gt auto, plans 4 now are full exhaust, cai, ud pullys, and gears, 410's probably. i got all the buddy's with the lt1's and the ls1's just like everyone else thats y i bought the mustang!!! with these mods can i run with a ls1? or will i have to invest in some n20 as well to keep up??? i never knew there was such a power difference until i got reamed by a ss camaro:mad2: so any help to keep up is greatly apprieciated
Most stock auto LS1's run 13.20's stock. Full exhaust, induction, pulleys, plenum/tb, and 4.10's will not get you there. In addition to all those mods you need a converter. At least a 3200 stall since it's a daily driver. Anywhere from 3200-3600 would be good. Then you will need some drag radials to hook with those gears and a stall. With that setup you should be running high 12's.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah definatly gonna go lower was lookin at the h&r springs but i gotta get the bump steer and the cc plates to right??? im gonna go with the deep dish 18x10 bullits in the rear so will these spring go to low and cause my tires to rub? and thx 4 the insight blownstang

·
Geology and Cars
1,650 Posts
No the tires wont rub on an 18x10. But if you lower it, do look into the caster/camber plates from either Maximum Motorsports or Griggs Racing.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I would probably have paid off mine with all the money I have spent on it so far LOL!!!

·
Wangan GTO
1,425 Posts
Outrun a LS1 or LT1 with a stock 4.6,not going to happen. With a 4v car like a Mach 1 or a Cobra sure all day and twice on Sunday. It's because you 2v stock doesn't do two things spin high enough or fast enough. You do make torque but not nearly enough as your slightly larger counter parts. But don't let any of this keep you from trying. Understand until you get a decent amount of NA and Auto mods you're going to be lacking much to be desired. However,know that if you do run a small power adder like say "The bottle". You'll technically be able to justify it because when you factor it into your current displacement it'll even you and a stock LS or LT car out. Just do your research and mod WISELY but the guys on here wont steer you wrong,I hope...lol.

·
Registered
279 Posts
he does'nt need a nitrous kit to outrun lt1's or ls1's.man just put a good converter in that thing and some drag radials and you should be in the 12's with ease!i've beaten c6 vettes,gto's,and ls1 camaro's and t/a's.yes there are several fast ones out there but not all of them are god like!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts