Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well we finally got the Kenne bell installed, amazing!!!!!! and we haven't tuned it yet. We haven't put it on the dyno yet but hope to do it today, and then take it to the track on Sunday. Very impressed by the easy install and fitment, very high quality. Joe

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Can you elaborate a little more on your setup? What pulleys are you using and did you use the KB chip or go with another?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
You got the Accel Gen VII DFI on it, Joe? Job coming to tune it? That part interests me most of all.

Good luck and can't wait to see your DFI results!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hammer; we are going to tune it with Autologic first. I have a 92 mm Pro M meter calibrated for our 50 lb injectors, Jimmy LaRocca says we'll make more power that way, i'm willing to give it a shot, then put Gen7 on to see the difference. We are using a 6lb lower and 3.25 upper along withe a Bassani high flow X and Mac cat- back. Joe

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
magic maker said:
I have a 92 mm Pro M meter calibrated for our 50 lb injectors, Jimmy LaRocca says we'll make more power that way
That's a bold statement. More power that way than with DFI? I got $5K that says NO CHANCE!!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
HAMMER said:
That's a bold statement. More power that way than with DFI? I got $5K that says NO CHANCE!!
Well we will see:)
God Bless Joe(Magic) He will compare both tunes and we will know ,,,,,,,,,,,
Autologic vs Gen 7 shootout...Call MM/FF

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
Well we will see:)
Autologic vs Gen 7 shootout...Call MM/FF
MM&FF wouldn't bother with an article like that. A SEQUENTIAL DFI system vs. a piggy-back computer chip? It's like doing a 03 Cobra vs. golf cart shootout.

DFI will PISS ALL OVER EPEC, let alone a chip!

HAAHAHAHAH!!!

You guys kill me!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hammer; I agree with you about the eventual winner, between a chip and DFI, Job Spetter tunes a lot of cars at my shop, and flat out amazes me, but Jimmy L is no slouch, so I'll give it a shot. Our testing took a hit today, as the first time I got into boost, the KB blew the front seal completely out of the front snout!!! I,ve got the updated vent system, so I,m at a loss???? Joe

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
That vent system doesn't work, Joe. It restricts the blow off valve and you GOTTA let crank case pressure release when it has to. Just leave the valve unrestricted. Don't worry, it doesn't make too much of a mess. A little mist on the blower that cleans up on 10 seconds. Who sent you that damn thing??

Sorry to hear that, Joe. MAN, YOU AIN'T GOT GOOD LUCK WITH 03 COBRAS!!!!

And I agree 100%, Jim LaRocca is no slouch. He's one of the TOP DOGS (not big dog...TOP DOG). But Job is a TOUGH act to follow...and I truly believe that DFI is superior to any MAF technology.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you, my friend.

Rich

·
Registered
661 Posts
It has to vent , also , Makes sence NO ,
I am the best dfi tuner ever !! lol Go back in 1990 Jim L , said and I quote " I will never use dfi " I had been runing it years before that . Yes Jobe is also super tuner like me My opinion !

·
Registered
207 Posts
First off---

Joe---Good luck with your 03 and the tuning and I hope you get some good numbers out of the car and the Kenne Bell...

To Hammer and Nitrous Pete--- I'll PUT ANY LAROCCA car up against the crap that comes out of your neck of the woods....I'll take up your $5K bet Hammer.....I'll take any Autologic Tuned car or EPEC tuned car over a POS Diablo tuned car any day of the week...As for DFI, I'll also take MAF technology over DFI any day of the week for $5K as well...

Larocca went 7.70's over 4 years ago with MAF technology....Last years Renegade Champ car also was tuned with that POS EPEC, and went 8.80's with a .550 hydraulic cam...But I guess they don't make power :rolleyes:

For those who don't like MAF technology, they simply don't understand it, probably cause its too complex for them :rolleyes:

Jeff

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Jeff , I accept your offer , I will be at atco Sat., with an 03 cobra with Diablo sport chip, Street driven ! 3900lbs
Bring it dont sing it . NO show looses ... he he he

·
Registered
207 Posts
nitrous pete said:
Hey Jeff , I accept your offer , I will be at atco Sat., with an 03 cobra with Diablo sport chip, Street driven ! 3900lbs
Bring it dont sing it . NO show looses ... he he he
Street Driven?? Any car is street driven...My Buddy Randy Haywood's SSO Outlaw car goes to the Dairy Queen on the weekend, so I guess he's street driven....:rolleyes: LMAO

Jeff

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Last time Pete and Larocca went at it head to head, Pete destroyed him.

Larocca wanted a rematch, Larocca lost hard.

Pete went 8.90, Larocca was in the 9 teens.

The video exisists.

Maybe we can get the video up.

The race was in Canada, ask Jimmy about it I am SURE he remembers.

Thats the facts.

I'm not too sure Jimmy will want to go up against Pete again.

JT

·
Registered
207 Posts
JT said:
Last time Pete and Larocca went at it head to head, Pete destroyed him.

Larocca wanted a rematch, Larocca lost hard.

Pete went 8.90, Larocca was in the 9 teens.

The video exisists.

Maybe we can get the video up.

The race was in Canada, ask Jimmy about it I am SURE he remembers.

Thats the facts.

I'm not too sure Jimmy will want to go up against Pete again.

JT
Bring your videos, your smack talk, whatever you like, bottom line is that I and ALOT of other Racers will put up big money for any Larocca car against something that Pete can bring out...

9.99 with 25lbs of boost and a 50 shot?? Damn, thats flying :rolleyes:

Jeff

·
400 Posts
I would love to cruise to DQ for a blizzard with Randy on a Saturday night. :D Be a bitch ridding shotgun sitting on top his cooler box. hehehehe

Rick

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
BlackCobra99Va said:
Bring your videos, your smack talk, whatever you like, bottom line is that I and ALOT of other Racers will put up big money for any Larocca car against something that Pete can bring out...

9.99 with 25lbs of boost and a 50 shot?? Damn, thats flying :rolleyes:

Jeff
BlackCobra99Va said:
First off---

Joe---Good luck with your 03 and the tuning and I hope you get some good numbers out of the car and the Kenne Bell...

To Hammer and Nitrous Pete--- I'll PUT ANY LAROCCA car up against the crap that comes out of your neck of the woods....I'll take up your $5K bet Hammer.....I'll take any Autologic Tuned car or EPEC tuned car over a POS Diablo tuned car any day of the week...As for DFI, I'll also take MAF technology over DFI any day of the week for $5K as well...

Larocca went 7.70's over 4 years ago with MAF technology....Last years Renegade Champ car also was tuned with that POS EPEC, and went 8.80's with a .550 hydraulic cam...But I guess they don't make power :rolleyes:

For those who don't like MAF technology, they simply don't understand it, probably cause its too complex for them :rolleyes:

Jeff
You started with the smack talk.

The fact is, when Pete and Larocca went at it within the rules of a class, Pete won. Period, thats the facts.

Your contention that cars from this neck of the woods are crap is totally off base. Furthermore your contention that those that think that DFI is better don't understand MAF's is insulting and ridiculous.

Typical of a person who has no real argument, you resort to "so and so will kick your ass". In this case , your "big gorilla" already had his ass kicked by Pete.

JT

·
Registered
661 Posts
JT , I have a video that some people sent me from NY from that race , Super funny Larocca LOOSES , hehehe eheh he
He has never beat me ;)
I will send it to you to post , peace . I love it when I can show proof. This made my week Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
JT said:
You started with the smack talk.

The fact is, when Pete and Larocca went at it within the rules of a class, Pete won. Period, thats the facts.

Your contention that cars from this neck of the woods are crap is totally off base. Furthermore your that those that think that DFI is better don't understand MAF's is insulting and ridiculous.

Typical of a person who has no real argument, you resort to "so and so will kick your ass". In this case , your "big gorilla" already had his ass kicked by Pete.

JT
First off, if you could actually READ, the Smack Talk was started by Hammer and Pete dissing on Autologic and Larocca and the EPEC....They took shots at him and my return talk is just pointing out REAL Facts..

How again do I not have an argument??? My rebuttle to Hammer's challenge, was that I stand behind any Larocca Car making MORE power and going faster than anything Pete can bring out with Diablo or DFI on it, plain and simple...

As for the personal big gorilla insults, thats Typical of an incompetent person who resorts to name calling when the argument gets heated....

7.70's with a MAF, Last time I looked that was faster than Pete ever went....

Jeff

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.