Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, after doing this and doing that, and going everywhere and spending boatloads of money and time on tuning etc I have finally been satisfied.

Last week I got the Heat Exchanger from JDM installed as you all know, and this week I got this funny idea to get a 2.76 upper pulley because my 2.93 is interchangable!!!!

So that brings me to my latest idea. I had dyno time scheduled at JD's for about 3 weeks to get a retune on my 2.93 combo, so I thought why not make this worth everyone's while and do something that will help us all.

So I took my pulley down to JD's and had me a "flip chip" burned to support my 2.76 pulley. One tune for the 2.93 that I will use most of the time, and another tune for the 2.76 pulley that I will put on to whoop some behind at the track and who knows where else.

Now for the numbers:
2.93 pulley with mods in sig:
460.3rwhp and 461.6rwtq

2.76 pulley with mods in sig:
466.6rwhp and 484.1rwtq

Needless to say I am extremely happy with my numbers, and I will be going to the track this week sometime to let ya know how this thing runs.

I would like to thank all @ JDM Engineering for the custom Heat Exchanger install and some dyno time. And I would also like to thank all @ JD's Performance for bearing with me and putting up with my rookie mistakes.

Thanks guys!!!!
Don

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nuttin to say guys? That's OK, I am happy!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Glad to see that you are happy, Don.

Looks like there may be some 'gremlin' in the car though. Numbers look a little low for the mods...maybe 15-20 RWHP low.

Obviously it's not the tunes, since you've gotten tunes from two of the best tuners in the north-east and the numbers from each are about the same.

Maybe you're using too cold of a plug? Clutch or belt slipping a little bit? Bad cats?

Anyway, best of luck with it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, the numbers are SAE. I think I am on par with other cars as fas as numbers go, mod-for-mod.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe, what are the numbers STD? I forgot. Maybe I will post both to avoid further confusion.

·
Registered
459 Posts
For numbers, the HP on the 2.93 pulley looks great, torque maybe SLIGHTLY low (like 10 lb/ft) but it could be easily explained by when the dyno run started (was it started below 2500rpm?). I have no comment on the 2.76 numbers since I have no experience there and am already at risk of being labeled a dyno-racer so I'll stop.

Jerry

·
Banned
572 Posts
Re: low numbers

RESTOMAN said:
those numbers are in sae

that may be why they seem low

just some info
joe
post the STD #'s please would like to see what that 2.76 puts down STD THE #'s do seem low (vs my mods and my #'s)
sean

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Joe, you da man. By the way, tell Tommy that we are going to Atco on Thursday, if he wants to go!!!!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't get caught up in STD numbers, they mean nothing. SAE is the way to gauge everything even though they are lower.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
You cant compare your car SAE or STD to other cars on different dynos, at different places, to many variables as Jimmy V. would say, get it to the track and see if its running some good numbers Thats where you will see how well the car is running if you can get the car down the track!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I have had cars with 11.4 AF out the back and tunned them to 12.2 got more power on dyno ,but went a little slower up the track..Things change going up the track,,Load is different,,Sometimes in good air the fatter tune works better and vice versa..
Track and Street tunning still needed to dial in the Combo..

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My Air/Fuel is about 12.2 right now with my present tune. Joe said he left it a bit fatter for my street use since I will be running the 2.93 full time. I am not really worried about the air/fuel on my 2.93 tune. It makes good power, and i am happy with the way the car runs. Just got home from a spin in it actually, felt awesome in this cool air!!!!

Only track time, and if I can get this car down the track will tell the real story. Since I don't have much experience at the track, I will be looking for a MPH close to 120 in good air with the 2.93. HOPEFULLY, that translates into low 12's for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts