Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got to take out my new GT500 on Sunday as the clouds finally parted and some sun came out.

The first thing I will say in the words of Darth Vader is this car is "Impressive.... Most Impressive." :)

It's hard to describe, but the car isn't as light of foot as my GT but it honestly just doesn't matter.

I fully expected the car to underperform compared to my GT but it absolutely does NOT underperform.

It's responsive in the corners and pulls like a friggin FREIGHT TRAIN!

You can REALLY tell this car isn't even close to breaking a sweat with the stock pulley. But honestly I don't know if I'll even pulley and tune it at this point... I was that impressed.

The engine just BEGS for more even when you're giving it more. Whereas my GT you can tell it's being pushed (which it is) when the blower winds up. The GT is at it's limit at 500hp where the Cobra is just beginning to breathe.

I am completely and totally impressed with this car. This is my first Cobra and man what an experience!

All of my reservations because of weight were TOTALLY unfounded. The car is heavier and you can tell that it is.. but SVT has done such a great job of countering that weight that it simply doesn't matter.

The only mod I KNOW I'm going to do is the shifter. The shifter feels very sloppy compared to my GT. It shifts smooth, but it's not nearly as precise so I'll be doing a shifter for sure. Other than that I honestly don't think this car NEEDS anything else.

But I can only imagine how amazing it would perform with a suspension upgrade and maybe a pully swap.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just had to post -- incredible simply incredible.

·
Registered
258 Posts
So I got to take out my new GT500 on Sunday as the clouds finally parted and some sun came out.

The first thing I will say in the words of Darth Vader is this car is "Impressive.... Most Impressive." :)

It's hard to describe, but the car isn't as light of foot as my GT but it honestly just doesn't matter.

I fully expected the car to underperform compared to my GT but it absolutely does NOT underperform.

It's responsive in the corners and pulls like a friggin FREIGHT TRAIN!

You can REALLY tell this car isn't even close to breaking a sweat with the stock pulley. But honestly I don't know if I'll even pulley and tune it at this point... I was that impressed.

The engine just BEGS for more even when you're giving it more. Whereas my GT you can tell it's being pushed (which it is) when the blower winds up. The GT is at it's limit at 500hp where the Cobra is just beginning to breathe.

I am completely and totally impressed with this car. This is my first Cobra and man what an experience!

All of my reservations because of weight were TOTALLY unfounded. The car is heavier and you can tell that it is.. but SVT has done such a great job of countering that weight that it simply doesn't matter.

The only mod I KNOW I'm going to do is the shifter. The shifter feels very sloppy compared to my GT. It shifts smooth, but it's not nearly as precise so I'll be doing a shifter for sure. Other than that I honestly don't think this car NEEDS anything else.

But I can only imagine how amazing it would perform with a suspension upgrade and maybe a pully swap.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but I just had to post -- incredible simply incredible.
Sure, it really doesn't NEED anything else... but, If your impressed now, just think what an additional 100 rwhp would feel like with just pulley's adn bolt-on's! :scare:Congrats!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.