Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here is the first dyno session results. Needed a baseline before the the rest of the mods begin. I'm pretty happy to say the least.

Whats on the car = Bassani Cat back exhaust, Amazon CAI, Kirban Shifter.

All #'s are in SAE.

DynoRun001 9:22P.M.

Baseline - Baffles are in

Max Power 402.2
Max Torque 378.4

DynoRun002 9:34P.M.

Baffles Removed - No other changes

Max Power 414.8
Max Torque 383.6

DynoRun003 9:41P.M.

Baffles Removed - Front Headlight removed - No other changes

Max Power 413.4
Max Torque 387.4

Note on Dyno Run 003 I saw a drop of 2 psi at 4600RPM. It gained 5hp up to 4600 then dropped and leveled out with previous run.

There was a fan blowing on the car on all runs.

Also on the first Dyno run he only ran the car up to 5800RPM's the rest were up to 6000RPM's. When we looked at it, we figured that if it would have recorded up to 6000RPM's more than likely we would have been around 408 -409 HP. Which would make the gain without the baffles alittle more reasonable. =)

Just thought I would share.

:)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Great info...Now waiting for the AFTER..
Best of luck..

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Well Damn, 10+ hp from removing the baffles, maybe I will pull them just for jollies and too see how loud it is.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was my initial reaction. I in no way expected that kindof jump from the baffles. But once again. The first pull is only recorded to 5800 RPM's. If it would have been to 6000RPM's, we figure it would have been between 408 - 409 HP. Which would make the gain with the baffles removed around 5 hp or so.

Even though the 3rd dynograph ended up about a 1hp lower, it made almost 5 lbs of torque more. With the headlight removed.

Up to 4600RPM's it was making 5hp more, than I lost about 2 psi in boost. If I could have kept the psi, I'm sure the hp would have been alittle higher on the 3rd pull.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the 1st pull. There was only 1400 miles on the clock. Hopefully it only gets better!! :blob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts