Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the silly Vortech pulley off! errrr Vortech!!! I had the stock 3.60 pulley on the car forever and never have taken it off up until yesterday. Big thanks to RWLKR for helping out because I was about to hit the blower with a big hammer! LOL.

Anyway, finally got the car out on the road for a little bit of testing and here is what I've noticed thus far:

1) Car will go into boost much faster with much less effort.
2) So far, no signs of belt wear, shredding, etc.
3) Car seems to accelerate much better then previously and perhaps I had more of a slipping problem then I was aware of?

Not sure if I'll see more boost or not. I am not ready to take the big risk right now of getting up to the 10+ psi with the stock engine To be honest, the car is all over the place with anything 7 psi or above ----- the tires spin from a 50mph roll which can be scary as hell!

Today I managed to push enough boost to blow the blower discharge tube off (glad I had some tools in the trunk). I then evaluated the piping and decided to re-do it and tighten that stuff down as best as I could ---- that's the first time the discharge has ever blown off = SCARY!!!!

Just thought I'd post up some impressions since the pulley is now on my car. Just FYI, I swapped from stock Vortech 3.60 pulley to the Reichard racing ultra grip pulley 3.40 .........

If you've been considering this pulley I highly recommend it just from the little bit of driving I've done today (approx 75 very hard miles).

Hope this helps someone pondering the decision.

Take care and keep safe,
Tim

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Nice writeup on that man. Keep us posted on how it's working for you.

Razor.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sweet!!!! I'm looking forward to getting one myself. I've been expierencing belt slippage for the last few months and I'm ready to put another belt on, but I figured I'd wait and swap the pulley out at the same time. I'll post dyno results (have one with the slipping belt) to do some comparisons.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Cobra Killer said:
Blowngt,let me know when you want one.:)

Tim.LOL ..told ya.:)
We've been emailing each other ([email protected]) and you told me it would be a couple of weeks before you had them available. Let me know if this changes b-cuz I'm anxious about changing the belt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts