Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from Pete. He made 697 RWHP and 705 RWTQ @ 20 lbs of boost. There is lots more but his chip tunes ran out of fuel and he must obtain richer programs before he can continue.

KB pulley used was the third from smallest and he also used the stock crank pulley (no added boost from crank).

His first run, he made 660 RWHP with 16 PSI. His second run was 680 RWHP with 18 PSI and his third is above with 20 PSI.

Also note that he DID NOT have the boost-a-pump on the car, as he wanted to see if he could provide fuel with the tune and with the #50's in the car. He said that the fuel system is holding up just fine but, again, he needs a richer chip tune and is going to take care of that now.

Car's packed up and he's out of JDs (he pays per hour for dyno time).

Not too bad for a first run with a rough setup! KUDDOS PETE!

Oh yeah. No nitrous.

·
Registered
309 Posts
THose are killer numbers "out of the box". Big improvement over the Eaton. I am still in shock at what this 03 longblock can do. I am quite surprised it has held up to the punishment Pete has been giving it. The guys at SVT were not lying when they said that the 03 has a solid bottom end to go fast with. Nice numbers Pete, any predictions on just how high with proper setup, 725rwhp? 750rwhp?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think I am going to say "to hell with the simple bolt-ons" give me a KB.

My car should be ready for it by now....I got 250 miles on it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Easy 700rwhp when he finishs his tune. Damn Pete lead on brother! I can see you destroying the IRS. Are you or have you gotten a solid rear yet? Still AOD?

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My prediction is that Pete will hit 800 RWHP without NOS. He still has smaller KB pulleys to put on and you KNOW he'll use the 6lb lower.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hammer, has yours showed up yet? I have a bud here on island that is drooling at the nouth for a Kenne Bell and has the money ready to go. He currently runs a 2.80 upper with a 6lb lower. If I knew how to order, He's ready...

·
Registered
510 Posts
Dizamn!!!! I don't know about the block holding 30# of boost. That is a TON of boost!!!!!

·
Registered
244 Posts
HAMMER said:
My prediction is that Pete will hit 800 RWHP without NOS. He still has smaller KB pulleys to put on and you KNOW he'll use the 6lb lower.
Your prediction is prob right on the money hammer. I dont seen any reason why he wont make 800rwhp w/ out NOS. I like the fact that he didn't even use the boost a pump yet and everything still went good. Excellent job pete, I can't wait to get mine on.

Matt:D

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Great results..I am sure Jim Bell is happy also.
thank's for the report Rich...
way ta go Pete!!!

jim v.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
congrads pete! BTW-- about how much hp do you think the auto takes? What do you think you would have gotten with the 6-speed?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
7DMACH1 said:
Yeah, I just got done talking to JD. Think Petes going to need bigger fuel pumps. Great numbers Pete. See you guys at Dyno Day at JD's. RAY
hehehe:D
He might need bigger pumps but he don't need bigger ball$
that's for sure.

jim v.:jawdrop

·
Registered
661 Posts
Well , I'm impressed , This unit is verry efficent, I know I cant spell
I sent Eric a video clip,
Hammer said it all , the only thing the boost a pump is hooked up but Im not using it, Only on the 700hp run , it was used .
I hope to make 750hp with 26 lbs boost , Sorry so short , I'm getting ready for Fl , I will dyno down there. for the big #s
I did test the pulles @ 16-18-20lbs I cant wait for 26lbs
Keep you all updated, nitro

Thanks Ray , I am taking donations lol,

1 - 20 of 57 Posts