Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to a local clubs Dyno day today and couldn't be happier. Right before my first pull my buddy Zate, that also has a Mach 1, looks at me and says "You're going to pull 271". I think Zate has a side job working for Miss Cleo he's not telling me about.;) Here is the sheet with Zates overlayed with mine, Blue is me, Red is Zates.

Here is my 1st and 2nd run overlayed.

Sorry for the pic size, i'm too lazy to fix them. Needless to say, I'm pretty damn happy with the results. Basically Ford underrated this engine by 30 hp and 40 ft/lbs of torque. :)

I've been here a bit but it took my account awhile to be activated. I saw a few people asking questions about the Mach 1 so I figured I'd start out by showing the numbers. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
You've got a strange curve there. Peaks at about 5200 (mach1cams), drops, then starts to rise again, then drops like a rock. I dont see the fuel curve causing it.
Nice numbers though.

·
Registered
885 Posts
For comparison's sake:

·
Banned
900 Posts
What are your shift points? I'd guess 6200rpm?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Angus said:
For comparison's sake:

Angus I with i had that much power. Only 286hp (SAE) here.

·
Registered
885 Posts
BlueVenom said:
Angus I with i had that much power. Only 286hp (SAE) here.
I wish I had your ET & mph.... :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
his AFR is a bit leaner than mine.. thats where i think he gets it from.

I am dumping the POS JMS Chip this week for a Diablo.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd like to know what the cam profiles are in the Machs. Ford doesn't just design an all new engine for anything. They like to use parts from other power plants to save money.

Like the O3 Cobra uses the Navigator cams, 96 - 99 Cobra used the same exh cams. And if I was a betting man I wouldn't doubt that the 00 - 02 also used the Navi cams.

Here's my dyno work sheet after FordChips dyno tuned it with the EEC IV, sorry I lost the actual graph sheet during the dyno day. We did like 32 cars in 2 days, I was beat. Anyways this was with the Lincoln engine with the only mods being a full dual exhaust, 2 cats, mandrel bent 2 1/2", Cobra intake and a Lightning 90mm MAF, stock Lincoln cams. This is through a 4R70W and IRS remember.

Since the smog nazi nabbed me I've had to install an EEC V and the Cobra rear cats. I've dropped 13 hp and 20 ft tq but will be gaining some back as soon as I get the knock sensors working again along with the VLCM. They weren't compatible with the EEC V. I've had to install every pieces parts that was on a 98 Cobra on the Lincoln so far to get it to pass the visual inspection even though it puts out cleaner exh that it did with the factory Lincoln engine in it.

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
I love the stock HP and TQ on the Mach1's!!!!
Check the sig!!!!!
Haven't had time to dyno yet after the mods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts