Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ummmmmmmmm...LOL can you say 6000rpm faster then light.I put my foot to the floor on the dyno.Car hit 6k THAT fast.
We totally blew thru the race 8 inch convertor.

We have a small problem that will get fixed shortly.I wont go into it because Im going to handle it personally with an Ex- Shop that screwed something on my car.I was there when it happened a year ago,was told it wouldn't hurt anything,I knew better but didnt get to see the results of that screw up until yesterday.

Anyways,convertor will not handle the JET plane thrust.
Car sounds like a damn PRO-5.0 car reving.I really cant explain..It is flat nasty.
It drew a crowd when Mike started reving it.

Chart went straight up.Imagine taking a ruler and drawing a straight line on a piece of paper..Thats my HP curve.Vertical..

Mike is getting a new convertor coming..The one in there now was crying for mercy right off throttle. If I flat footed it on the dyno it flashed to 6k faster then I could lift my foot.Convertor will not hold this car. .I cannot describe how fast this car spooled up.

Its scary.I was sitting in the car after the second pull,looking around going,WTF have I got myself into.:)

MANY PROPS to Mike @ NO limit Motorsports.The guy is a crazy tuner with the F.A.S.T. unit and did an unbelievable job on the piping and COG setup.

Thank you Mike,we built a badass setup and have until now never been able to find someone to take it where it was intended to go.Your insight and abilties have made this car come together.Your top Notch.Actually one of the best kept secrets in the Modular community.

Jeff did a great job on the motor build up..And of course our kick ass porters heads are showing their potental.

Tim

·
Registered
810 Posts
Congrats Tim, I saw the pics on the bracket fabrication , damn thing is outa hand nasty.
Best of luck on getting her tuned,and dialed in .
Cant wait to see the #s.

Pete.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Tim I appreciate the good things you say about No Limit.
But I would like to say that as a customer you are extremely easy to deal with. You dont argue or question every thing I say like alot of customers do and that makes my job alot easier. We have along way to go before March but I promise come March the car will be as ready as it can be.

·
Registered
492 Posts
MARCH!!?? I cant wait that long and it aint even my car :p Great job guy's. You all have truely paved the way for the 4.6 2V.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
......Sounds like some love being spread here!

WTF? Tim giving props to Mike, Mike giving props to Tim :confused: You sissy's.........be men and take the credit for own! What Tim "should" have said was: "ya, Mike's a nice guy, but it was my guidance that made it turn out this way". And Mike should be saying "Tim, you're a girly azzed bastage. Grow some nards so you can drive this car I built 'cha!"

:shootbird

You know who..........:evil

·
Registered
300 Posts
Re: ......Sounds like some love being spread here!

VTEngines said:
WTF? Tim giving props to Mike, Mike giving props to Tim :confused: You sissy's.........be men and take the credit for own! What Tim "should" have said was: "ya, Mike's a nice guy, but it was my guidance that made it turn out this way". And Mike should be saying "Tim, you're a girly azzed bastage. Grow some nards so you can drive this car I built 'cha!"

You know who..........:evil
\
Blow ME:hammer :king

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And me.

Jim,beat your brother for us.Do it,and the next time we meet the beer is on me..Call me first tho..I want to hear him scream...:)

Scotty,the beer just signed your death warrant......
Tim

·
Registered
155 Posts
Isn't the converter a lockup model that you could lock solid for dyno testing and tuning purposes? Should be easier to tune when you are getting a true picture of engine output?

·
Registered
300 Posts
TurboX2 said:
Isn't the converter a lockup model that you could lock solid for dyno testing and tuning purposes? Should be easier to tune when you are getting a true picture of engine output?
I am still trying to figure out exactly how to answer this? Lockup converters are great for street cars with gas mileage in mind.
First off why would you want to lock the converter up and measure horsepower on the dyno that with the correct converter in the car the track would never see. The converter that is in tims car would be great for a hot Street car that is normally aspirated and turns 10,000 RPM. I could go on about this all day but the simple answer to your question is HELL NO !!!!:king

·
Registered
155 Posts
Lots of high powered race cars use lockup converters, once the converter has coupled up you are just losing efficiency and power, might as well lock it. Benefit to tuning? How would it not be beneficial to actually be able to load the engine and sort out the tune over a broader rpm range, vs. just looking at it at the top of the tach? Doesn't mean you want or need to pull it down at 3000 rpm or anything like that, but even in this case a motor that is tuned better for a wider band will come up against the transbrake harder and launch harder.

·
Registered
300 Posts
TurboX2 said:
Lots of high powered race cars use lockup converters, once the converter has coupled up you are just losing efficiency and power, might as well lock it. Benefit to tuning? How would it not be beneficial to actually be able to load the engine and sort out the tune over a broader rpm range, vs. just looking at it at the top of the tach? Doesn't mean you want or need to pull it down at 3000 rpm or anything like that, but even in this case a motor that is tuned better for a wider band will come up against the transbrake harder and launch harder.
I asked around about you before I answered your question and it seems they were right. You fancy yourself as a know it all. I dont know what you consider high horsepower. But we build 8- 7 & 6 second cars. All of the cars we build we want them to have effecient converters with as little slip as possible. Take a Neal Chance for example we use his converters and if you know half what you think you know then you know his converters are some of the best in the industry. Even a Chance converter has about 3
percent slip on the big end. The only correct thing you have said is that a converter that is too loose is inefficient. We know that. That is why the converter that is in Tims car is coming out. No Limit did not set Tim up with that converter. As a matter of fact we have the correct converter for the car. I told tim before I ever started on the car that his converter would probably not work but since he paid for it we would try it. FYI go ask chuck Samuels about his 2200 HP Pro 5.0 car with a clutch in it. , theoretically the clutch is supposed to lock up in high gear but it is never 100 percent, even the clutches slip in high gear. So go push your ignorance on somebody who doesnt have a clue & and leave the racecars to those who do.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No Limit Racing said:
I asked around about you before I answered your question and it seems they were right. You fancy yourself as a know it all. I dont know what you consider high horsepower. But we build 8- 7 & 6 second cars. All of the cars we build we want them to have effecient converters with as little slip as possible. Take a Neal Chance for example we use his converters and if you know half what you think you know then you know his converters are some of the best in the industry. Even a Chance converter has about 3
percent slip on the big end. The only correct thing you have said is that a converter that is too loose is inefficient. We know that. That is why the converter that is in Tims car is coming out. No Limit did not set Tim up with that converter. As a matter of fact we have the correct converter for the car. I told tim before I ever started on the car that his converter would probably not work but since he paid for it we would try it. FYI go ask chuck Samuels about his 2200 HP Pro 5.0 car with a clutch in it. , theoretically the clutch is supposed to lock up in high gear but it is never 100 percent, even the clutches slip in high gear. So go push your ignorance on somebody who doesnt have a clue & and leave the racecars to those who do.
:worship2 ouch!

·
Yup....still on top!
2,055 Posts
And again I will state................Mike KNOWS his shit. PERIOD. :king

·
Yup....still on top!
2,055 Posts
cammin 4.6 said:
You guys crack me up.
Watch it boy, or Tim will bring you in to this for a beatin' too. :hammer

LOL.:evil

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
VTEngine said:
Watch it boy, or Tim will bring you in to this for a beatin' too. :hammer

LOL.:evil
Boy, who you callin boy...

I got a bucket full of balls
A yard full of d**k
And enough hair on my a$$ to weave an Indian blanket!!

Sorry had to use that one, heard it on a comedy CD a while back.

Later...Ashley

·
Yup....still on top!
2,055 Posts
cammin 4.6 said:
Boy, who you callin boy...

I got a bucket full of balls
A yard full of d**k
And enough hair on my a$$ to weave an Indian blanket!!

Sorry had to use that one, heard it on a comedy CD a while back.

Later...Ashley
:lol . Okay, but what is an Indian blanket?? :D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts