Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... This is the second Mustang-esque forum that I now belong to... This looks like a pretty solid site and I hope that you guys can answer some questions for me, as I was directed here for some questions that I asked over on corral.net... Anyways, here goes...

In regards to the 2003 Cobra, how many of you have swapped out the Eaton for the Kenne Bell?? What were your gains when it was all said and done?? Have you had any reliability issues or had to replace anything because of the dramatic increase in power??

I really would like to learn as much as possible about the replacement of the Eaton with the KB and the pros and cons of this mod...

Can't wait to hear from you guys.. :D

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Welcome aboard. Quite a few guys here have gone to the KB, myself included. No repairs yet, but like most upgrades there have been some tuning issues we face if we want to run any serious boost. I was running my car with the KB @ 9psi for a hile and was putting down 456rwhp, its much higher now that I am at 17psi. Couple gys are over 600rwhp at 17psi.

Your biggest concern will be half shafts and input shaft. I still have the F1's on my car so they help ease the abuse on the rest of the car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
With 15 lbs. of boost, my Eaton was all done @ 480 hp and 504 tq with the KB @ 18 lbs. it's 595 HP and 540 Tq,and drives like a stock car, even gets 22 mpg on the pkwy!! Amazing!!!!

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
my white coupe should be at my house very soon and im also going to swap for the kenne bell. hey joe, you think you can help me out and give me a good tune?:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts