Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well me and Eric finally made it over to our local 1/8th mile track to get some baselines on our cobras. The weather was around 86° and 80% humidity. This track is NOT known for its hooking. Anything remotly close to 1-2 powershift would yield tire spin all the way through second gear. Anyway, here are the numbers on my car (still stock other than the Densecharger and Bassani exhaust)All passes were made with everything in the car, 3/4 tank of fuel and about a 10 minute cooldown (if you can call it that) after a 45 minute drive.

1rst pass

2.36 60ft (yeah baby)
8.71 1/8th ET <----spun all through 2nd :)
88.42 mph

2nd pass
2.14 60ft (bogged out of whole, softly shifted second)
8.38 1/8th mile ET
88.4 mph

3rd pass
2.18 60ft
8.49 1/8th ET
87.68 mph
On this pass it broke loose at the top of first gear and I had to let off and get back in it :(

4th pass
2.23 60ft (yeah I got wild and tried hard but just spun)
8.71 (AND I missed 3rd)
83.03 mph

Overall I am very pleased, I ran it really hot off the road and even had a bunch of crap in the trunk. I would like to have gotten a 1.9X 60ft and been able to shift the car like it needed, but that just is not going to happen on test and tune night at this track. The MPH is what tells the story though and I think mine was very decent for the mods I have. I will let Eric chime in with his results and discussion as I don't have them in front of me.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The car looks like its a strong runner, congrats. By the way Densecharger and Bassani exhaust ISN'T stock!!! LOL J/K!!!

Chip and pulley that thing, you will be going mid 90's in the 1/8th.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice going Chad.....cars looks like it has potential..... Let's see:

pulley, chip, solid axle, KB, fuel system....tko...hmmmm

;) :p ;) ...................:shootbird

Ben

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Good Start
Now you have a baseline,,Chip and pulley will put you in the 7'[email protected] 92Mph

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
I'll get my timeslips out of my car and post all the times later, but the best time was 8.65 @ 85 or so.

Our local track (US 19 dragway) is horrible, its almost as if they put oil on the track or something, my car was spinning in 3rd going across the finish. Next time out I think we are going to drive up to Reynolds and hope to have better 60 foots.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If things go well, we will be trying it out this weekend on a 1/4 mile track. I hope to have my pulley on this week, so this will be an exciting trip for me. I do however plan to stay on the stock F1 rubber for now :D

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Which pulley you going with Chad?

·
Registered
924 Posts
chad and eric you should try to go to Macon international dragway(also known as twiggs co. dragway) it's located on I-16 between Macon and Savannah the track is a 1/8th mile all concrete track and hooks like a mother. They have several 10.5inch outlaw races their it's one of the best outlaw tracks in the country go try it out. the track is off exit 9 on I-16.-jeff-:blob

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Chad Brooks said:
I am just going with the 2.93
I think that's a good choice, Chad. I've had both 3.1 and 2.8 and I think if I were to do it again, I'd get the 2.93.

Bill

·
Registered
577 Posts
What in the BLUE HELL is a "black aluminum skillet" on order mean?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
SolidSnake said:
What in the BLUE HELL is a "black aluminum skillet" on order mean?
KenneBell Blower:D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks Jim....!!!! Where did they get term from anyway?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
SolidSnake said:
Thanks Jim....!!!! Where did they get term from anyway?
When i i had my 96 KB Cobra,I always got flack about it being a Barbeque because of the heat it retained.
Black KB Blower holds heat so it is a Skillete,,Barbeque whatever,,You can cook your eggs on it ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts