Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hope everyone will post their personal experience driving for the first time with their Kenne Bell blower. Way back when these cars were released for public consumption, we were all giddy and full of enthusiasm over what Ford did to these cars. Now mind u we had these feelings when the 03 was stock. Gradually over time we had gotten used to the power..even modding these cars with the standard bolt-ons became passe. It happened to me, it's happened to people i know. Sooooo what can make that feeling come back again?....answer: this blower is FOR REAL. I took my first drive today and i felt the exact same way i did when i first drove my car stock. Ford did this car right..Kenne Bell did this blower right AND the last ingredient would be whomever your tuner is, to finish it up. There was no exaggeration on Pete's behalf of this blower. This thing is for real. I was with his tech Leo as i was pulling out of Pete's shop. I gave it the usual amount of gas i did before the blower install and the car took off on me(this is with only 15psi)and i'm no rookie when it comes to running a car hard and fast. The car feels and drives better now than it did stock, or with basic bolt-ons..i'm in no way exaggerating. The pull in 6th gear is incredible as well..simply unreal..i'm smiling as i type this out lol. Throttle response is instant and smooth. I pulled over and gave the reigns to Leo..i watched him get on it and watched all the other goodies Pete and his boys installed worked as advertised. Shocks(no hop), Metco idler(no slip..Leo pegged it at 15psi and the boost needle didn't fluctuate + or - ), Tri-ax(quick throws and no missing), etc. I bought the KB blower with great reservation..now, it's the best money i ever spent. Anyone here in the NJ area r extremely fortunate to have Big 'ole Nitro here. Yo u aren't a magician Pete, lol, somehow Pete Houdini doesn't have a nice ring to it..but you're the best thing going right now..a proven winner with genuine kindness and professionalism..u and your crew, Leo, Jerry and Mike did a freaking awesome job. Thankyou. If anyone doubts it..WELL..go to JD's tomorrow, i'll be there with my car. To the guys that r waiting to have their blowers put on..it's worth the wait..dare someone to knock the smile off your face when u drive it for the first time..they'll need a jackhammer to chisle it off. Peace.

·
Registered
218 Posts
> Gradually over time we had gotten used to the power...

Indeed. I had the opportunity to drive a 2.80" w/ 4# lower last week. Nice, but not the night-and-day difference that I was expecting. I need the KB...!

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
I was not going to put a pulley on my Cobra..
Then i took a spin in a Pullied car.
If i ask you for a ride???
SAY NO :D

Nice write up, Best of luck...

jim v.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Franco thanks, I may not be a magician, But I'm a Wizard lol
Hey KB deserves all the credit, Have fun , nitro

G

·
YOU SUCK!!!! :D ;)

Hot Rod(2 weeks and my car is still apart)Harry
I am getting abit on the po'ed side now. I have patience but this is getting ****ing nuts............time for me to leave my meds on the shelf and let the shit fly like I use to do....
Shit..I coulda put a KB on and off atleast 7 times by now

Franco..seriously buddy...congrats on your part buddy. I cant wait to go for a ride!

Pete , sorry I wont make it to the dyno tomorrow pal.....I trusted way too many people on this lower pulley thing. I will just be putting the stock system back on tomorrow. F*CK!

I am calming down abit now.....the drugs are working :D

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
That's great news, Franco. I want a ride in the car, that's for sure. You did exactly what I intend on doing: slap the KB on and lay low with a big pulley and a conservative tune. Of course, a big pulley with the KB is like every mod possible with the Heaton.

I don't need 600 RWHP with the KB right away. Just give me 520 RWHP and I'll wait. I'll wait until others get one too, till the tunes are refined, until everything shakes out and the smoke clears.

I look forward to seeing you today.

Rich

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Hot Rod Harry said:
YOU SUCK!!!! :D ;)

time for me to leave my meds on the shelf and let the shit fly like I use to do....
I hear you, Harry. I often feel that way myself. Sucks getting old.

I'm wondering who is screwing you. I don't expect you to answer, but your story sounds a bit familiar...kind of like a broken record. Hang in there, man.

:rolleyes:

G

·
I'm trying Hammer...thanks.

Again, Franco...Congrats and enjoy buddy!

Hot Rod(50 degrees and I cant drive my car)Harry :mad:

G

·
Sorry Fanco for having this secondary thread in with your awesome blower....

I just want to make sure I am clear with the company I am working with to do some fabricating on a Cobra part I have been waiting for , for almost 2 weeks.

I like these guys alot.....I have nothing against them...they are top notch people and do top notch work. But if you tell me you will have it in 2 days...then tomorrow...then Friday...then Saturday..then Monday afternoon...then Tuesday and so on...that just drives me nuts! If you would have just told me 2 weeks....then this wouldnt have bothered me. So dont take it personal. I know you are very busy and remember...I have nothing against you. But I had made alot of plans..even went out and bought a new digital video camera(I have a VHS and didnt really need a digital) to take with me to ...TODAYS! dyno day, so I could post clips on the web faster for everyone.

Well...thats it for now....back to the Awesome KenneBell Blowers!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Originally posted by Jim Vaccaro
I was not going to put a pulley on my Cobra..
Then i took a spin in a Pullied car.
If i ask you for a ride???
SAY NO
LMAO :cool:
:banggears

·
Registered
244 Posts
Franco,your car is amazing man. It was awesome to see it on the dyno today. It sounded sooo sweet. Not to mention driving behind you on the way home was a treat.

The best part of the day was seeing Hammer and JT's face after they took your car for a ride, it looked something like this
:jawdrop

But i am very happy for you man, Pete and his crew did an awesome job. I can't wait to get my car back this week after Pete installs the KB on my car. My car and Hammer's car will be keeping each other company this week at Pete's, but well worth the wait :) I had a great time with you guys at dyno day today.

Matt

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Franco is a really great guy and was very generous and gracious in that he let some of us drive his brand new car with the best in mods that the aftermarket has to offer.

Franco, driving your car gave me funny feelings in my groin area. It is an absolute animal but also very doscile with partial throttle. I think it is perfect. And the dyno numbers were RIGHT ON TRACK with our expectations and hopes. I am very pleased to see that.

I must also say that I am thoroughly impressed with the install job. It definately looks like it grew there.

It's guys like Franco that make this scene so worth while. And I wouldn't go lining up along side of him in that car.

Rich

PS: I think that you should start a new thread and describe your car and upload any pictures, videos, etc. Spare no details on the whole project and the finished product. If you have videos that you need help with them, email them to me or directly to Eric. They'll get posted pretty quick.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Thanks for letting me take a spin. Your genorosity is greatly appreciated.

The KB works better than I thought it would. I really expected lots of HP but the way it comes on is better than I imagined. With whatever your final HP was today, the car was still driveable in 2nd. The efficiency of the KB in the upper RPMS allows great HP, without too too much torque down low. It is just what you need to win races.

Be carefull with that beast!

JT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts