Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it was on hot day (ie 95) one of the fellow racers said the conditions were equal to 3700ft elevation:shrug.

Car was in road trim, ie spare tire, didnt deflate f1's or anything just ran street pressure. I ended up lining up with a newer camaro. Got bad slippage off the line but no hope, short shifted hoping for traction, which I barely got and made nice 2-3 and 3-4 granny shifts.

All the cars prior to my run were doing 13's and 14's and the The camaro was totally eating up the track slowly pulling the whole way, I was thinking to my self it was a pathetic run as he finished 5 cars ahead of me or so. I drive around get my slip and here were the results.

R/T - .492
60' - 2.294
330 - 5.787
1/8 - 8.535/91.78mph
1000 - 10.836
1/4 - 12.754 @118.54

Truns out the camaro was a twin turbo ran [email protected], thing was wicked fast.

That was my best pass of the day out of 4. 2nd run was a [email protected] Next run I missed 2-3, recovered and ran a [email protected] agains a 2003 lightning which ran [email protected] (I beleive he was bone stock so this should give you an idea of track conditions and how the air was). Last run missed 3rd BAD and hit 1st, didnt try and recover just rolled to end of track.

I let a friend who is a much more experience racer take it down the track a few times and he got a best E/T of 12.3x and a best trap speed of 120.xx. Only 3 cars got faster E/T's, one was a fully tubbed and caged stang, another was a built GT with an ATI, full slicks and nos and the other was the turbo camaro. Only the camaro and tubed stang got a higher trap speed.

Bone stock Z06 (didnt even have plates yet) was wunning 13.3's and so was another bone stock 03 cobra.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
nice #'s for your first time. practice practice practice, you have alot more left in that car between your 60' and your shifting (powershift!!)=) good luck

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TopRacer said:
was this @17psi with 540hp tune?
Yep, 540 to the wheels but with F1's tractions was scarce. Most guys were getting 2.0-2.3 60's so I feel pretty good about that. The A/F is way lean at low RPM and rich at high RPM, Im leaving a lot of power on the table and torque comes on slower and falls off faster than previous tunes I have tried. This mail order tuning is getting depressing, thats for sure.

VENOMOUS03COBRA, not sure I can powershift this thing. The RPM climp so dang fast I would likely hit rev limiter if I tried.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
wow that must be pretty sick.. i havent been in a KB car yet , so i guess i dont know how fast they actually are!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
The RPM climp so dang fast I would likely hit rev limiter if I tried.
I got my KB installed Monday, and that's exactly what happened to me.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Practice will ony get the car quicker... I have to practice to...

VENOMOUS03COBRA said:
wow that must be pretty sick.. i havent been in a KB car yet , so i guess i dont know how fast they actually are!!

No offence to Shadowgray03, but you ran an 11.91 and he ran a 12.754, so how can you state that you dont know how fast that is?

·
Snake Charmer
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TopRacer said:
No offence to Shadowgray03, but you ran an 11.91 and he ran a 12.754, so how can you state that you dont know how fast that is?
I would guess he is referring to how fast the RPM's climb on a KB equiped car because I said I couldnt speed shift without nailing the rev limiter. Im hitting the track again this weekend, isnt supposed to be so damn hot and we will be night racing so I hope to get some better times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts