Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think that looks so tough. What have you noticed as far as temp levels since you have installed it?? One guy said that he notice very little horsepower drop on the dyno from run to run. Please post some benifits on this as time progresses. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Wow, that looks amazing 03Venom! Is it a direct swap? Does it have fans? If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase it from? Would you recommend it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to remove the front bumper to access the bumper support to drill 2 holes to mount the exchanger. Not hard at all! I have not datalogged it yet, so i cant say as far as temps are doing. I got this one from Downs Ford. 470 bux. thanks Jamie

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, it does not come w/ fans but you can mount 2 on it. Since i already had Ricks fans that what i used.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you know the part number for the unit also did you have to use something to adapt the unit to the old lines ? Keep us updated and it does look bad ass

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks great! Is that just for the Cobra or is it a piece from Lightning/Harley?? Looks pretty low. I was looking at MM&FF and the guy on the cover looks like his is higher than the one you have just an observation not trying to flame.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have t he one from, JDM that they installed they notch the bumper so it fits properly and doesn't hang down at all, has lowered my driving temps on the highway and we dyno tested, not for power but to watch temps, without during a dyno run it was 190 to 185, with the exchanger it didn't get over 160 during the pull watched it with my own eyes very impressive.:D

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Thats a pretty good improvement Haveight. I don't know if I should order it or not? I keep hearing that fluidyne does not have an 03 specific heatexchanger yet. But the weather is so hot right now I really need one.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice temp decrease. Now its time to relocate the battery and throw in a nice ice resevoir. 20rwhp without a doubt.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
So is JDM still working on this?

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
last I heard, they were. But they wouldn't have any info on when it will be out until after the summer. But, they told me that the price would be signifacently higher than the lightning kit. That doesn't make sense to me, so thats why I just went ahead and orderd the fluidyne for $475

1 - 20 of 25 Posts