Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not an involved tech question, but some guy on SVTP had some gnarly looking plugs, and I found out that I have to change plugs anyway because I have a first run vehicle.

"Networking Guru" posted this:
Yea, it's a Motorcraft. AGSF12FM1 is the full #. One heat range colder than NGK TR6's and the stock second run (22FM1) plugs. I got mine at the dealer.

I am going to change mine anyway, if anyone has opinions on which are better, recommendations, etc. thanks in advance. Larry.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Actually the pullied cars with more boost do very well with the 12's.
I'd use 22's with a non pullied car.

jim v.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey Jim:

I'm :confused:

So then what is the benifit of the NGK TR6 on a pullied car if it is the same heat range as AGSF22FM1?

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
BlownCobra said:
Hey Jim:

I'm :confused:

So then what is the benifit of the NGK TR6 on a pullied car if it is the same heat range as AGSF22FM1?
The Benifit is Copper not Platinum.
The NGK Tr6 are copper plugs. You will have to change Copper Plugs more often but they are better for high boosted cars.
This is the experiance of the Lightning guys have had.

jim v.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
281UndrPressure said:
and on a pullied car, what would you run?
I would rather use the NGK's because the copper plug cools faster.
The Denso's are Iridium how that compares to copper and platinium we are finding out useing different heat ranges.

jim v.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Jim Vaccaro said:
I would rather use the NGK's because the copper plug cools faster.
The Denso's are Iridium how that compares to copper and platinium we are finding out useing different heat ranges.

jim v.
Copper tends to be better for boost due to the larger tip and faster cooling, however, the TR6's are one heat range higher than the 12's, which is why I use the 12's. BTW, Iridium is even worse than platinum in this regard, as the melting point is higher, meaning the tip can (and is) made smaller. If you want the full skinny on what I said (in context), check stvperformance. I will post a link to the thread as soon as they quit smoking crack and fix thier server....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts