Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Today has literally been the worse day of my life!!!!! I was doing a WOT tuning and when I finished the run, it stated to smoke bad. I pull over and the car shuts off. Started it back up and I have a loud knocking noise. Turned it off and towed her home. Now my next question. I'm debating what to go with. Have a couple set ups in mind but nothing concrete. I'm thinking Boss block with stock stroke and 10:1 compression but then I'm thinking about a Teksid block( like Blk 03) ith flattops. I want to do this myself but I have never built an engine myself. So I might just have a machine shop assembly for me. Any advice would help. I will posting up pictures of the damage.

· Registered
6,795 Posts
Boost, timing, octane?

A/F? Injectors? Fuel system?

What you do from here boils down to how much you want to spend.

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Boost was 13.6, 19*, 91 octane

10.6, 80lbs injectors, return fore hat with 3 gss342 pumps -10 feed -8 return.

I'm looking at keeping the motor build under $10k. But if need more then o well I'll spend more.

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also forgot to add that I have turbo cams and all the ARP accessory bolts

· Moving on up...
4,777 Posts
Damn bro...that sucks. How were you tuning it? We should talk again. I'll give you a call in the next day or two.

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did a compression test and here are the numbers. Mind you these numbers are with the engine cold. But these numbers are still low.

Driver side front*to back
#1 100
#2 115
#3 115
#4 125

Passenger side front to back
#1 *138
#2 125
#3 130
#4 125

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i just blew mine up as well...thinking of going 281 there are plenty of fast cobras with a 281
Dam that sucks man I really feel your pain. Times like these really blow. I should pull the motor out by Thursday at the latest. Ed(Eschaider) is going to come over my house and inspect what went wrong. I'll keep you guys posted.

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Those numbers are very low man. Good luck on the rebuild and keep up posted. Im interested in what failed.
Yea they seem pretty low. I'm still debating on what block I should use. Either a Teksid or a Boss Block with stock stroke. I want to know what went wrong as well. I'll keep everyone posted.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Any update on this with the long weekend for you guys down south perhaps you have yanked it all apart by now. Update when you can.

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Unfortunately mo updates. Just got a new job and school has been keeping me busy. I'll try to yank it out Sunday but for sure Tuesday.

· Registered
542 Posts
Seems like you have the pocket book. So why go easy? A buddy built a 327ci on a 2V it was putting down VERY good numbers threw the 2V and it was on a little like s trim blower?. And if im not mistaken it fit in your budget.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.