Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that read the problems I was experiencing on the dyno about the car cutting out hard at 7500 heres an update.

Lideo wired in MSD tach adapters after our dyno session. At that point the car ran cleanly past 7500 all the way to 8400 with no problems. However, Lideo let the car idle for 15 minutes after that, the tach adapters burned up the FAST EDIS module (Just as FAST warned).

At that point Lideo decided to send all my components to FAST (AKA Speed Pro). They have a state of the art bench facility and can simulate any car condition imaginable. At that point they replaced the burned up EDIS module, and tried the system without Tach adapters. They were able to simulate the same conditions we saw. They then wired in the tach adpaters and also found the system to rev cleanly to 9500.

So MSD and FAST had several communications back and forth, with MSD insisting that Tach adapters were not needed on cars equipped with aftermarket stand alones. Lance at FAST was able to tweak the FAST EDIS module around, and work around the MSD problem. The system now has the ability to rev cleanly up to 10,000 rpms with no problems.

So everythings on its way back, and we'll be revisiting the dyno later next week. I just want to make sure A/F is good up to 8600, and then its off to the track with John Mihovetz.

I have been very impressed with Lideo's persistence to find the problem and not give up on this system. I've also been very impressed with FAST's willingness to work around the problems assoicated with these components and find a solution that worked. It would have been very easy for both parties to wash their hands of the situation and tell me to throw a distributor on the car.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I know this is off top a little, but my 97 GT had a misfire problem. I had the MSD DIS-4 on my 97 4.6L GT without tach adapters. It would miss in the 3200-3400 & 4000-4500. I thought the 96-98's didn't need tach adapters, was I wrong? I never had the misfire beofre the MSD was installed. Let me know, thanks - John

·
Registered
630 Posts
Thanks for the info!!!

I've been chasing this misfire a while. I thought It was the C&L mass air, went to Pro-M 87mm with BBK cold air and didn't help. new plugs and Taylor pro race wires didn't help, pulled the chip and even swapped another stock ECU in and still had the misfire. Now I know the culprit!! thanks for posting this thread! - John

·
Registered
15 Posts
NX330MustangGT said:
Thanks for the info!!!

I've been chasing this misfire a while. I thought It was the C&L mass air, went to Pro-M 87mm with BBK cold air and didn't help. new plugs and Taylor pro race wires didn't help, pulled the chip and even swapped another stock ECU in and still had the misfire. Now I know the culprit!! thanks for posting this thread! - John
I sent you a PM. What was the culprit BTW? I had a similar problem and have posted a couple threads on this forum relating to it. However, I have some new information as well that might be useful? My e-mail is [email protected] if you wish to e-mail me.

Regards,

Spud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts