Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering which gear will be best?

..I dont want to put the 4.10's in and find out that the 4.30's should have been the best gear. I want to cross the line around 6k rpms. I think thats the ideal finish for these Mach 1's.

I dont want to go with 28 inch tall and all that...

·
Registered
226 Posts
I would reccomend 4.30's. IMO 4.56 is too much for a Mach 1. According to the gear ratio calculator on the Corral, based on 110mph trap speed 4.10's would net you 5903 across the line and 4.30's wil cross at 6191. So its a toss up. I say go with the '30s

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok then...I will go for the 4.30's then.

Is there a different speedo gear I get...or is it only done via electronic speed calibrater?

·
Registered
226 Posts
You have to change the speedo electronically. Our cars do not have speedo gears. You can either go with a SpeedCal from Dallas Mustang or if your planning on having a chip burned for it just have them do it with the chip.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like I will be going with the SpeedCal from Dallas Mustang then...no chip for the Mach 1 as of yet in the plans. But we all know how that goes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
HotRodHarry said:
Looks like I will be going with the SpeedCal from Dallas Mustang then...no chip for the Mach 1 as of yet in the plans. But we all know how that goes.
Yes...yes we do :rolleyes: :hammer

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Poisonous Mods said:
:rolleyes:

What is that supposed to me? :confused:

LB is running 4.10's.
I think it was suppose to mean.....I was stating I wasnt going to mod my car much and then I said...but you know how that goes...then he answered with that...

Too much poison today for poisonousmods ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yup...that is what I meant...it's only a matter of time before Harry starts modding the Mach...:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
HotRodHarry said:
I think it was suppose to mean.....I was stating I wasnt going to mod my car much and then I said...but you know how that goes...then he answered with that...

Too much poison today for poisonousmods ;)
Great.... :shocked

1st is call ya Larry I/O Harry & now i cant even finish typing what i want to say ;)

Stock is nice but Modding is better ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts