Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 03 Cobra Thursday and it was between 60 and 70 degrees the next few days. I was impressed with the brute pulling power and this is the 6th muscle car that I’ve owned.

Then last night it was around 35 to 40 degrees. I eased into 1st gear and up to around 2,000 rpm and then pinned the accelerator to the floor. The car almost danced sideways as the tires broke loose. It was incredible how different it reacted in the colder air. The car has only 200 miles so far.

G

·
supercharger compresses the air and cold air is inherently more dense than warm air so the incoming air temp does have a lot to do with power output....

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
not too mention the fact that it is harder to hook up when its cold outside....my stock 99 cobra, when its cold outside...breaks the rear tires free with throttle in first gear...of course second is a bit out of my reach....but yes, from an acft mechanic standpoint...engines are supposed to have their rated power on "standard day conditions" like a sea level with 29.92 in of merc and 59 degrees f...on acft we have to make sure we are making predicted torque...and temp is a huge compensation..whenits hot outside...our torque is eaten away

:banggears

1 - 4 of 4 Posts