Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Ford AOD to Modualr 4.6 bell housing for my 2005 Gt tranny swap...
New or Used

JW Bell part #92462-46-AOD will not be available untill April (maybe) according to JW and all other distributors i've tried don't have it in stock.

Looking for any help!:dunno2:

Thank you,

Karl

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Come on now...

There has got to be someone other than JW making a bellhousing from F-AOD to Modular...:scare:I personally don't want to wait a couple months to have JW Performance Transmissions get there shit together and start distributing bellhousings again, there has to be other competitive bellhousing outfits out there!

Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are they out of stock? Might could get one through some one else.
Jegs and Summit ship dates show 3/13/09 tentively...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I might of bought mine direct or maybe through Holcomb, its been about a year or so. I talked to Lentech about their bellhousings and they said the mod a JW for a glide to work on theirs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If your wanting to have the bell for SFI reasons, then J.W. is the best...We sell them at work....But, if you are just wanting to do an AOD swap, and are worried about the bell, just find an AOD from an early 90's crown vic, the early 90's vic's have 4.6's and AOD's behind them, it will bolt right in....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If your wanting to have the bell for SFI reasons, then J.W. is the best...We sell them at work....But, if you are just wanting to do an AOD swap, and are worried about the bell, just find an AOD from an early 90's crown vic, the early 90's vic's have 4.6's and AOD's behind them, it will bolt right in....
We sell them at work?
Everyone says they sell them but no one has one... This is why I posted here!
and yes the early 90's crown vic's had a 4.6 bell but they where AODE.

I NEED A SFI BELLHOUSING FOR FORD AOD TO 4.6 MODULAR!

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can use the AODE trans....You can put 4R70W internals in it to make it stronger, and also if you put a manual P.A. valve body in it, then it would do away with the electronics, therefore making it an AOD.....

I work at PTC, and we sell J.W. parts, I'll see how quick I can get a bell.....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can use the AODE trans....You can put 4R70W internals in it to make it stronger, and also if you put a manual P.A. valve body in it, then it would do away with the electronics, therefore making it an AOD.....

I work at PTC, and we sell J.W. parts, I'll see how quick I can get a bell.....
Whether its a bellhousing or adaptor it doesn't matter at this point, i've had it on a lift for 3 weeks now. I have a freshly built AOD with a hardend input from ACT. I have a new deep dish, valve body and brand new 09' ratchet shifter from TCI. All I need is a Bell and a new driveline...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gotcha...Let me check tomorrow with the guys at J.W. and see how quick I can get one...Or, if they have one, give your number or info and I'll see about drop shipping one to you, might help in price some??

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gotcha...Let me check tomorrow with the guys at J.W. and see how quick I can get one...Or, if they have one, give your number or info and I'll see about drop shipping one to you, might help in price some??
Like the start of my thread says: According to JW they are "reorganizing" and won't be making anything new or shipping anything till April...
The best of luck to you and thanks for the help (JW Part #92462-46-AOD )

Karl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts