Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

Ford Gt Cams

5K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  spramach1 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, Im Currently Doing A Cobra Bottom End Along With Ford Gt Cams, Ported Heads And Intake, And Maybe A Little Shot, What Kind Of Blower Would You Recommend To Get Along With The Lil Combo I Have??

#5 ·
By Cobra bottom end I hope you dont mean the junk Mahle pistons. The GT cams are not a good fit with a turbo. They were made for a positive displacement blower but work okay with Centrifugals also. Just dont expect to set the world on fire with them. Boost is your friend. The more boost, the more power.

#6 ·
No I Mean The Romeo Block With Forged Internals, Not The Original ;mach Setup That Comes Only With The Forged Crank. Another Thing Is That I Have My Heads Ported, Polished And My Intake Is Also Ported And Polished, Should My Compression Go Up On The Motor. I Know That The Compression Stock Is 8.5-1 And I Heard That The Piston And That The Head Work Will Affect Compression. If That Is True Then The Compression Will Go Up Since My Mach 1 Heads Were Designed For 10-1 Compression. Or Will It Still Stay To The Same 8.5 -1 Compression That The Cobra Has???????

#7 ·
First of all the 03-04 Cobra and 03-04 Mach1 share the exact same heads. So the compression wont change because your using different heads. It will depend on what pistons you use plus other factors. Why are you using a cast iron block for your build? The one in the Mach would have been much better being aluminum. What compression you use will depend on what kind of blower you run. For a twinscrew I would go 8:5-1 or even 9:0-1 which is what mine is. Centrifugal I would use minimum 9:5-1 and even go as high as 10:0-1.

#11 ·
03-04 Cobras came with cast iron blocks not aluminum. I think your a little confused.

#16 ·
The Mark8, Terminator, Navigator, Mach1, GT500 all have the same cams, and the 96-98 Cobra have the same exhaust cam, and the GT is only supposed to be a "mild" change.

Ford doesn't put to much research money into cams. In fact many Terminator/Mach1 guys (SC/turbo and NA) swap in 96-01 Cobra intake cams to pick up 10-15hp and not loose any TQ.

#17 ·
I Could Of Sworn That It Was A Cobra Block, Well Then I Guess It's Just Another Mach Block. Well It's Fully Built So It Should Take Some Abuse And Handle Some Power. At This Time It's Being Assembled And Put Together. I'm Just Trying To See What Kind Of Numbers I'm Going To Be Pushing. I Guess If I Do Get The Ported Eaton And The Shot It Was Said That I Would Be Making About 700. That's Alright For The Money I'm Going To Put Into It. I Wonder What I Would Be Making If I Go With A Novi Or A Vortech???? Anybody Got Any Numbers??????

#22 ·
What don't I understand here? I don't get making every word a proper noun. Why is the first letter of every word capitalized? ELL?

When thinking about power adders, first decide on what type then consider cost. The F1A is my current favorite. It just sounds badass, but is pricey. A D1 kit is affordable and a small upgrade charge from the P1 kit. With the right power adder, you don't need nitrous.

#20 ·
hey thanks juiced46. i had originally wanted to go twin turbo on my car but i wanted to get that sound that comes from a ford gt. like i said i was told that those cams wouldn't work well with the turbos so i scraped the idea but now that i found out that they actually do well with turbos i'll look for a twin turbo setup. any suggestions????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.