Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Immediate Release

Granatelli Returns to Racing in 2009

Oxnard — February 7, 2008 — J.R. Granatelli, owner of Granatelli Motorsports and famous drag racing champion, has decided to return to racing. His usual office is a 1,000+HP Pro Stock drag car but in 2009, J.R. will be switching gears to off-road racing in the 2009 Mickey Thompson SXS Stadium Series. What better way to jump back into the sport then by garnering the attention of the title sponsor? Granatelli and Mickey Thompson have agreed to come together and defend the inaugural title.
With the '09 season getting ready to start, there is an all-star list of support from the industry's giants & legends. The list includes Mickey Thompson, Kal Gard Lubricants as well as receiving support from the industry's largest off-road publication, Off-Road Magazine!
Carl Robinson, Motorsports Manager of Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels said, “We could not have picked a better person to represent the history and heritage of our company then J.R. The Thompson and Granatelli families racing connection goes back to the early 60’s when they ran open wheel and Indy cars.” J.R. Granatelli was quick to say, “WE ARE ALL IN on this one. We don’t take this support lightly and all of us at Team Mickey Thompson / Granatelli Motor Sports have our eyes on the prize.”
Adding to the mix will be driving support from a younger Joe Granatelli, J.R.’s son JoJo Granatelli: “Thanks to my father and grandfather, there’s over 70-years of Granatelli racing heritage. As the next generation of Granatelli racer, I’m looking forward to perfecting my driving skills and the quest for the winner’s circle. Since the SXS series calls for co-drivers at all events, I look forward to racing with my father. And, don’t be too surprised if we have a 2-car team by years’ end”.
###

We are racing a Spec Class, The bodies look like Chevy Colorados and the engines are 250hp 13B 2 rotor motors

·
Registered
26 Posts
Do you have any graphics laid out that you can post a picture of?

I don't know if you remember me but we met at Walmart in Simi a couple years ago so I could pickup my Tokico D-specs and a GMS adjustable panhard brace and upper support.

You had your truck that has those foldup under the cab, steps.

Jake

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have any graphics laid out that you can post a picture of?

I don't know if you remember me but we met at Walmart in Simi a couple years ago so I could pickup my Tokico D-specs and a GMS adjustable panhard brace and upper support.

You had your truck that has those foldup under the cab, steps.

Jake
I remember meeting. can you see the graphics above

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.