Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some input from you all about the FMS headers. I hae heard some people like them, and they noticed a gain in power with them. I am looking for possible Dyno gains, and or user inputs. I was thinking about LT's with a shorty catted H pipe, but they were too much $. Pleasde give me some inputs on these particular headers before I spend the time and $. Thanks all, and Happy Holiday's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
stanggt00 said:
I need some input from you all about the FMS headers. I hae heard some people like them, and they noticed a gain in power with them. I am looking for possible Dyno gains, and or user inputs. I was thinking about LT's with a shorty catted H pipe, but they were too much $. Pleasde give me some inputs on these particular headers before I spend the time and $. Thanks all, and Happy Holiday's.
Speaking from experience. Don't do these unless you are going to put on P&P'd heads, with a Bullitt extrude honed intake at the same time. If I had to do it all over again I would have waited until I was ready to do my headwork mainly because they were a biotch to install (no room to work). Dyno gains on a N/A I got about 3-5 rwhp with crappy flowing heads. Let me know if you have any more questions.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am putting them on a 2000 GT with the Mac Prochamber O/R and Flowmaster catback. I planned on having the headers polished before I installed them. They arent too hard to install, just time consuming. I was told to expect more like 12-15 with them since I have quite a few other things done to it on the intake side. After having the chip dyno tuned of coarse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts