Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My horn stopped working..So i stopped by Ford dealer this morning..8:50 AM they were not busy ,but told me i needed appt...I changed fuse and relay and we tried an old horn so i knew i needed just a replacement horn..
Sevice guy said when i come for appt ..they will check it and if i need a horn they will order one...That means 2 appt.and still no horn..
I went out and bought an aftermarket horn after trying unsuccesfully to buy one at 2 Ford Dealers..
They suck monkey balls..:hammer

:shootbird FORD SERVICE

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Certain aspects of Ford don't seem to have made any progress since the 60's. Their parts supply setup seems to be one of them.

I had a bearing in the supercharger tensioner go bad. I made three trips to my local dealer trying to get the right tensioner. They don't seem to have a reliable system to locate and identify parts. The guy behind the counter says they frequently have to just shoot in the dark in trying to order a part, since the drawings they have online are notoriously inaccurate or nonexistant. In this case, they kept ordering me an interior tensioner ($20), which is different that the exterior (s/c) tensioner. After a few calls they found out that the s/c tensioner was not available by itself, you had to buy a $250 POS assembly to get it. I took the $20 part and pressed out the bearing and used it in my tensioner.

Can you imagine what it would be like to try to get parts to repair a major collision? No thanks!

Bill

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've worked in Ford parts for 34 years. We now have the worst information [or lack of] in our computers in all my years.
We had it better with paper catologs. Ray The Parts Mgr.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BEEP BEEP Strauss Store horn works better anyway...:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll second Ray ... I've been a Ford parts guy for almost 15 years now, and Ford's recent major changes to sections of their parts cataloguing systems have definitely been for the worse. It gets frustrating for us and the customers when you can't find the correct item, and a phone call to Ford's catalogue assistance hotline can be a real hit / miss proposition ... sometimes you get a knowledgable person on the line that is actually helpful, many times not. :rolleyes:

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah it took three trips to get a foglight assembly, and that was with walking in wuth the old one for reference. :shocked

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Made Appt for Fog Lights full of water..This time they said they had fog light in stock..I can't wait to go and blow my new horn....
I prolly will wind up with Aftermarket Fog Lights!!;)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
7DMACH1 said:
I'm so glad I've worked for a Dealership for 34 years. I thought I was loved!!!! LOL RAY
Is your dealership this bad?...Lets face it..I don't buy nothing but Fords..
I have been to other(MAZDA,TOYOTA,BMW) with friends cars,,
I see why some people,,(Especcialy those who are not car people)

Buy into the better service..
I hope not all Ford dealers as bad like the last one i went to...

·
Registered
652 Posts
We are a Lincoln Mercury Dealer with a fix it right the first time score between 85-92%. This is one of the highest. We fix more cars from other dealers than our own. We work on a lot of Ford Trucks and we don't even sell them. There's are two Ford Dealers within 4 miles of us and we fix a LOT of their cars and customers tell us they will never go back there. RAY

·
Premium Member
19,260 Posts
7DMACH1 said:
We are a Lincoln Mercury Dealer with a fix it right the first time score between 85-92%. This is one of the highest. We fix more cars from other dealers than our own. We work on a lot of Ford Trucks and we don't even sell them. There's are two Ford Dealers within 4 miles of us and we fix a LOT of their cars and customers tell us they will never go back there. RAY
I wish I lived closer. I hate the idea of dropping my car off at ANY of the Ford dealerships within a 100 mile radius

·
Registered
482 Posts
Jim, want to borrow the Hadley's out of the dually for your "trip"???? :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
Eric Brooks said:
I am with you there Jimmy. My car surges , runs lean. Ford says there are no codes, car must be fine :rolleyes:

F*UCK Ford Service!! Oppsy, I said a bad word!
eric,
have randy burn you a chip for the 03 and see if that helps with some of the problems you are having.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
doug97gt said:
I am remaining loyal to Ford because of brand loyalty and believe in buying American.
But damn they make it hard .

Doug
I am with you Doug...

I found someone at the same Dealership that is now helpfull...
Sometimes you just get the wrong party in the wrong mood...

·
Registered
227 Posts
doug97gt said:
I am remaining loyal to Ford because of brand loyalty and believe in buying American.
But damn they make it hard .

Doug
if you think its hard being a ford guy, try being GM...that :flush i never had such a terrible time. GM dealers are what drove me to the Ford camp and i havent looked back.
GM dealerships :shootbird

1 - 19 of 19 Posts