Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time this past Saturday during the FordChip dyno-tune here in Kansas City. Pleanty of nice cars attended, and some where VERY powerful as well. FordChip tuned a few supercharged cars that ended-up making ~ 100 extra SAFE rwhp by the time they left! I wasn't expecting any miracles, as my Cobra is not supercharged or running nitrous, but I am pleased with the outcome:

Car runs smoother now & feels GREAT at all RPM's. Jerry & Pete from FordChip were great to work with as well.

I gained ~ 5-17 rwhp throughout the powerband, with an average of +10 rwhp.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I rememer that car, it was nice! I was just there helping the guys at fordchip out, they are great.

It was pretty hot in that dyno shop too. I know I drank 6 bottles of water in the 9 hours I was running around there. I'd imagine on a cooler day the numbers would have been even better!

the next day I did a nearly identical 01 cobra in St. Louis, except it had long tubes. It made 323RWHP and 318RWTQ. I think both your car and his made impressive numbers. What do you feed those things!!!!

Brian

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bjherron said:
I rememer that car, it was nice! I was just there helping the guys at fordchip out, they are great.

It was pretty hot in that dyno shop too. I know I drank 6 bottles of water in the 9 hours I was running around there. I'd imagine on a cooler day the numbers would have been even better!

the next day I did a nearly identical 01 cobra in St. Louis, except it had long tubes. It made 323RWHP and 318RWTQ. I think both your car and his made impressive numbers. What do you feed those things!!!!

Brian
Thanks for the compliment.

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you, Jerry or Pete during the session. I wanted to, but you all looked so busy I didn't want to slow the flow of cars getting tuned.

I feed my Cobra 91 octane, and late-model Camaros & Firebirds... :D

Thanks for all your help tuning my car!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts