Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought a fore triple hat and necessary hoses and fittings. My problem is trying to figure out the plumbing from the the hat with (3) -6 ss braid lines to the 3-to-1 y block. Originally I was going to mount the y block about 2 feet back from the stock fuel filter near the driver side frame rail but I can't seem to figure out how i'm going to route the lines. Another option is to run (3) 3/8" steel hard lines instead. I know i'm not the first to install this setup, so any pics of the plumbing routing on this system would be great. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Mount the aftermarket filter where the stock one was...then run up through fender well ( remove wheel and fender well.) BE SURE to put something around line to prevent chaffing where it contacts the metal...on to the brake booster and then you should run it in from the from side of the rails. ( unless using stock rails)

·
Registered
503 Posts
There was much more room to run my 3 fuel lines from the hat backwards behind the fuel tank, and mounted the y block beside the front LCA mount. Our intention was at first to do it your way Joe, but it was such a tight fit pushing the 3 lines forward of the tank from the hat.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i got just about all the parts too start mine..how are the push lock hoses?no problems with them or anything like leaking??

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
i got just about all the parts too start mine..how are the push lock hoses?no problems with them or anything like leaking??
LOL. No leaks. Put some silicone spray on them and push like hell. Lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I never thought about routing the lines behind the tank and back around ill have to look into that. Is anyone running a return line, I was thinking of putting it down the pass.frame rail and running it under the battery tray to the regulator on the firewall.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I never thought about routing the lines behind the tank and back around ill have to look into that. Is anyone running a return line, I was thinking of putting it down the pass.frame rail and running it under the battery tray to the regulator on the firewall.
Some are using the factory metal line as return line

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about that but I'm using a -8 line for return instead of the original 3/8 stock line.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I was told -6 was fine for the return . Would you guys agree ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It gets daily driven in the summer which means a lot of stop and fo driving, so a lot of fuel is getting returned. So -8 line would be fine if I was atleast using half of the fuel system's capacity all the time so I went with a -10.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It gets daily driven in the summer which means a lot of stop and fo driving, so a lot of fuel is getting returned. So -8 line would be fine if I was atleast using half of the fuel system's capacity all the time so I went with a -10.
-10 for the return ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh sorry I meant to say I have a -8 return instead of a -6, and I have a -10 supply feeding a y block to 2 -8 lines to the fuel rails then to the regulator. And yes its three 255 walbro pumps.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Oh sorry I meant to say I have a -8 return instead of a -6, and I have a -10 supply feeding a y block to 2 -8 lines to the fuel rails then to the regulator. And yes its three 255 walbro pumps.
The way I am running mine this weekend is 3 -6 lines from the punps in the Fore triple pump hat to a Fore 3-1 Y and -8 to the front with a filter inbetween to a tee in the engine bay with 2 -8 lines to the rear of the rails then off the front of the rails with -8 lines to the regulator that will be mounted on the fire wall just left of the intake plentum the a -6 return to the tank that will come back into the Fore triple pump hat.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I plan on running mine similar but between the two y blocks is -10 line and an inline filter and then -8 for return. Btw do you have any pics of the routing of you return line?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I plan on running mine similar but between the two y blocks is -10 line and an inline filter and then -8 for return. Btw do you have any pics of the routing of you return line?
I will be installing the system this weekend. Then there will be pics in my build thread.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts