Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what it would cost roughly, to take my car to somone and make it bullit proof, supercharger ready, forged components etc whatever you want to call it? i want to get a sc asap but im having a hard time decided whether i should go 8-10psi for as long as i can then rebuild and go more boost. or should i get the rebuild now and go with 14 right off the bat. keep in mind my car is an 03 gt with 1400k on it.

thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
slap it on now...i'm running 12.50's on stock tires all stock internals...8psi..i have seen people run as much as 14 on stock internals...if you have the money..boost it till it blows

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Blue Beast said:
slap it on now...i'm running 12.50's on stock tires all stock internals...8psi..i have seen people run as much as 14 on stock internals...if you have the money..boost it till it blows
14 psi on a 03 gt will get you about 1 maybe 2 pulls on a dyno and its gone.The 01- 03 have a compression bump over the 99-00's.
$2600 for a forged shortblock is what we get.

8-10 psi and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cobra,

do you mean i will be fine with stock components as long as im at 8-10 psi but anything higher will require forged? if so thats how ive always felt, 8-10 cool on stock but still a 50% wear because of the forced induction. anything over 10 on stock an accident waiting to happen. i guess the way you drive has something to do with it too!!

thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
yup.400rwhp is about all she will take..:)

Go easy on the ole girl,love her gently,she'll be nicer to you as well...

10 psi,good tune,it will last a good while.

Tim

·
Registered
36 Posts
i am running 13-14 psi for the past month in my 01 GT . the car is putting down close to 460rwhp. i know that it will blow up anytime but with a good tune i think it should last a couple more months.
later
abdul

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
can u say ka booooooommmmmmmm:shocked

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no blower is worth a couple of months.

·
Registered
64 Posts
BLue 01 said:
it's weird that it's been perfect for couple of months now:D
And I can testify that Abdul beats the piss out of his car every chance he gets....too bad 4th gear decided to go bye bye....funny the tranny went before the stock short block...:p

Oh yeah, what's up Abdul, this is Chuck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey chuck where have u been man, wana go to *bucks have some coffee?

I'm building my new shortblock now so I'm being mean to the stock one since I have a back up.

Abdul

·
Registered
64 Posts
BLue 01 said:
Hey chuck where have u been man, wana go to *bucks have some coffee?

I'm building my new shortblock now so I'm being mean to the stock one since I have a back up.

Abdul
We can goto *bucks tonite if you want...:D

Yeah and I know about the short block but noone else does....I have one too...:p

·
Registered
138 Posts
$2600 for a forged shortblock is what we get
we who are these for sale if so more info please I wont be ready till Jan.2004 but hey I am saving now and details would be nice

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
"We"
www.modularfordpowerhouse.com

GT crank
Manley Rods
Manley pistons
Clevite rod Bearings
Federal Mogul Main bearings
ARP main studs
Bored
Line honed
Line honed mains

Cp pistons and Eagle rods are $200 more.
The manley setup is in our Renegade car with the exception of a cobra crank.

tim

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks Tim I saw that link in another post last night on here and checking it out nice setup and price I must say. Not to far to drive either I might be seeing you guys around x-mas

1 - 19 of 19 Posts