Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
97 gts viper with a vortech, put down 600rwhp with a slipping belt and traps mid 130s at 11.0 on radials. i need mo' power and no belt slip to do it but it should be a close race on the street

·
Registered
2 Posts
you set it up and i'll be there with the vid cam.
that 11.0 was with a low 1.6 60'.
said he babied it out of the hole for fear of snapping an axle.
that's better then i ever got with my AWD ;)

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Matt,, If there counting to 3,,,Go on 2..:D

jim v.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i get to talk SOME shit after he talked all his when his supra with tires and 110 octane was beating me by a half car in the 1/8th and i was driving a stock z06, lol

mabey i need to call kennebell first, hmmm

·
Registered
2 Posts
matt lankford said:
i get to talk SOME shit after he talked all his when his supra with tires and 110 octane was beating me by a half car in the 1/8th and i was driving a stock z06, lol
i hear ya man.
i don't know WTF is goin on with that supra. he just blew his 3rd motor. i think this time he is having it built by a pro instead of doing it himself. building a high hp motor should be left to the pro's. if done right that supra should be good for 6-700whp.
has anybody pushed the limits of the new cobra 4.6.
what hp can you get with stock internals?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I think we've seen "4TH GEAR" enough already haven't we?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hope you bring more than an 11.40, down here in this fat air you wont see 11.60, 11.40, 11.60, it doesnt matter. you will loose

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i havent even been to a 1/4 mile track, i can trap 97.5 in the 1/8th with a 2.0 60 ft on a track that gets no prep though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
btw, grannyshifting and letting out in 1st so it didnt break anything. hot lapping too, it was just the cleanest pass

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will put 5,000 up for the race JT.... You see Matt...we dont race up here for 500 dollars(I did that back in the early 80's)...thats pocket change now....any halfway decent race is atleast 5k. I know I wont race for less than that. Its not worth it to me.
500 !! LOL......shoot..I spend that everyday on food just for my kids :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
Whow how many kids you have, , lol Big chuckel he he he
I have 5,000 . alos , I think we can give it to Jim V to hold

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
with all that money to be made on the street up there why dont you and pete do that for a living instead of spamming the hell out of us?:confused:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts