Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Vancouver Wa and I really was tired of sending chips off to PSP,JLP and JJ to get my chips reburned and hell they never got the full potential out of my truck anyway! ( OH buy the way I am new to this board and thanx Mr Conley for the invite) Anyway I have been watching and talking to a shop in Portland Oregon called Krazy Koncepts these guys have several Project Vehicals All customers of course the most impressive to me is a 01 gt mustang that they have tuned to run 10.95 on a stock short block Now you might say Ok but it isnt long for the world but I can tell you I have seen first hand this thing it make over 100 passes under 12 sec in the quarter! I decided to have them do a tune on my truck and my best dyno number prior to them were 411 RWHP and 528 RWTQ! They had it for 2 days and it put down 442 RWHP and 568 RWTQ! I was very impressed and the tune has only 15 degrees of timing and a/f of 11.2 to 1 reson I know this is because I had them install a wide band in the truck! P.S. my numbers are on a stock bottom end! Just thought I would share this info with you guy's just another option!

·
Registered
924 Posts
welcome to the site sorry you had problems with the tuners Sal from PSP is our supporting vendor on this forum if you have an questions concerning a tune he gave you I'm sure he will help you, he definitely helped me when I had problems getting a good tune. Just remember communication is the Key when you talk to a tuner for a good program on your chip , they need to know all of your mods and your driving habits (race only, daily driver etc.)Once again welcome to the site.-jeff-:blob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont want anyone to think that Sal did me wrong because he did not it is just the difference between having the ability to have a hands on with the truck vs not having I am sure Sal is very compitant. I just want the rest of the world to know about these guys as a option for there tunes! Also I feel that If you are not from the eastcoast or buy thousands of dollars in parts from the big three you dont really get the attention from them as you should that would be the only complaint I have from the big three so Sal If you read this dont feel singled out!

·
Registered
924 Posts
I was not thinking that just letting you know He was here to help members with their lightnings or cobra's. What brand chip is your tuner using or is he reflashing your computer?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sal can hit a tune pretty damn good being 3K miles away. He would be the only one i would use to tune if i only could do mail order. Im lucky. Ive got several local faciltiies to choose from and the current one that has been the best to deal with uses autologic.

However, you can never beat a local dynotune. The convinence alone makes it worth wild along with the sense of security of being on the dyno. Glad you got everything worked out :king

·
Registered
198 Posts
Great #'s bdastrk
I know what you mean @ mail order chips,
after 10 programs, we finally got mine down pretty dam good,
(except for the dam 6k Nitrous Shifts)
I call it stretching the rods
:jawdrop

·
Registered
164 Posts
I understand about mail order chips. It is hard to nail it. I have a wideband ordered and after the install I am curious to see where I am at.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts