Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the normal fuel pump duty cycle is on a return-style car. I seem to be maxing mine out at WOT, but thought maybe this was normal since the extra fuel would just be returned to the tank? Or no? I included the datalog of the run so you can see how it maxes out if you want. The car is a '97 Lincoln Mark VIII.http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HUXCHN75

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I was wondering what the normal fuel pump duty cycle is on a return-style car. I seem to be maxing mine out at WOT, but thought maybe this was normal since the extra fuel would just be returned to the tank? Or no? I included the datalog of the run so you can see how it maxes out if you want. The car is a '97 Lincoln Mark VIII.
duty cycle is always at 100% on a return style car unless it has a pump controller or the bastard 2 speed system some for cars and trucks had from 96 on up.

Pressure will fall off if u are running out of pump or the system is inadequate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.