Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you must be thinking no way in hell, well it is possible for me just for a small fee, and i want some other opinions on this.

my school recieved 2 2002 intech 4v 4.6 motors from ford, we dont know why. but they are complete with everything not a piece missing but the flywheel. they took a hack saw to the main wiring harness and drilled 3 holes in it. one in each head, and one into the block. i inspeceted the holes well and all are just into water or oil jackets. one of the engines we took apart completly and they are perfect never been fired once, i have 2 good friends that are willing to get it to me for 300$ i am wondering if it is worth it.

the tb is twin off the back of the engine, never seen one like this.

flame away. just tryin to get some info.

·
The BarTender
1,651 Posts
Well I don't want to hate on you here, But taking something or accepting property that is not yours isn't a good thing. In this instance it is from a school in wich the motor's were delivered in order to help young students learn. I'm sure the kids that go to shop class enjoy being there and learning. It's a fact that everyone is not book smart, and taking away a learning tool from the children such as a schoolbook (Or engine in this case) is not the right thing to do. Sorry to sound like an old grumpy man (Actually I'm 26) but you as a stang owner are representing the rest of us. If stealing does not effect your own morals, pride, or self respect, please at least think about the rest of the stang community you are representing. I'm not trying to put you on the black list here, I just hope you will reconsider what you are planning to do. I'm willing to help you find a legal way of obtaining what you want and I am sure others here would offer the same. Think of being a stang owner as a brotherhood or a family. What you do will effect all of us. Just look at how the police go after any import car with a fart can. A few bad seeds in that bunch made it hard for everyone.;)

Razor.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Keep in mind, Ford Motor Company spends many dollars in donations to schools, for the sole purpose of learning with the latest technology. These donations are granted because the schools agree, whether written or verbal, to use the items given for learning. The items are not for resale and should be scrapped by the school, once no longer needed.

What bothers me most, is the fact that the school, or instructor, is willing to sell you the engine. That could get him fired, and keep the school from getting any further donations from Ford. Something that not any one wants to see.

Not saying you are a criminal, but what usually gets criminals caught is the fact that they cannot keep quite about what they have done. I am not saying to go out, do it, and keep quite. Having donated items to schools in the past, I know how valuable it can be to the students.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts