Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tommy just called and he just ran a 10.97 @ MIR with the stock eaton and drag radials. I didn't get any more details as we had a bad connection. I am sure he will let us know the details when he returns.

Congrats--even though you beat me to it :D AWESOME!!!!

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
That's amazing. Congrats. Between the twin screw and the Eaton tricks, this season will be our biggest evolution yet.

G

·
Terminator Tommy! Way to Go!!!!!! You give us something to look forward too!

Hot Rod(10's will be plenty fast enough for me)Harry

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
Yep Totaled said it right. I'm not sure but I think it might have been the first 10 second pass with no nitrous with the stock IRS and stock 6speed tranny, (stock shifter also). I put the BFG 315 35 17's on and it hooked great. You don't need the allen head bolt to makes these fit. 6.94 @ 97.33 1/8th and 10.970 @122.56mph 1/4.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Do you mean the 3153517 BFG Drags on the stock wheels??? If so that is awesome, I thought u went to the weld wheels??? Congrats, JLP must know whats up, I am looking for someone to base my mods off of that have solid numbers;)

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
F8LBITE said:
Yep Totaled said it right. I'm not sure but I think it might have been the first 10 second pass with no nitrous with the stock IRS and stock 6speed tranny, (stock shifter also). I put the BFG 315 35 17's on and it hooked great. You don't need the allen head bolt to makes these fit. 6.94 @ 97.33 1/8th and 10.970 @122.56mph 1/4.
I think you are mistaken about being the first in the 10's with IRS, T56 and no NOS. But I have no doubt that you are the first in the 10's with the stock shifter. You may be the last man standing with the stock shifter. If you still have that shifter because of a tight budget then we MUST start a pool to buy you one. No 10-second 03 Cobra should be run with that thing on the console!

Nonetheless, you are a bonified general in the 03 Cobra war and I raise my glass to you! DAMN RESPECTABLE run, bro. Just think: get a shortie shifter and you can run 10's without dislocating your shoulder!

I was wondering how fast I could run with my MPH (125, hot lap, F1's) and now I realize that DEEP 10s are possible with the KB, stock headers, pump gas, tires and 16 lbs of boost. Thanks for the inspiration and keep up the great work!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
F8LBITE said:
Congrats man! What was the 60 ft on that run? My 275/40 BFG's are just about done, I'm curious if I should move up to the 315's. I take it they did 60 ft better than the 275's you had before? I'm curious about the wheel width, too.

Did you replace your broken halfshaft with another stock halfshaft?

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
They are on stock tires and I don't like short shifters. HAMMER I was asking if I was the first because I hadden heard of it yet, but if not oh well it was a fun day. 1.55 short time. Full interior and the car weighed in at 3780lbs. I've seen better mph but with tire spin in the 60ft and 2nd gear.

·
Registered
47 Posts
:jawdrop Way To Go Tommy! Looks like you comming to the shop for a little tweeking payed off....:p I havn't heard of any 03 cobra with a *stock* SC with No NO2 running 10's..I believe you are the 1st to do it...Either way i have found out a few more things which will make you a tad bit quicker..:D we'll talk about it later...Good job my hats off to you.....JL

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
JohnnyLightning said:
I havn't heard of any 03 cobra with a *stock* SC with No NO2 running 10's..I believe you are the 1st to do it......JL
You may be right about the STOCK Eaton point, JL. The ten second run that I am thinking of may have had a ported blower but I am not sure.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Congrats , Tom These cars are great , And they are heavy.
I did run 10.8 last month it will be in mmff. Stock irs No Nos,
Full int.
Let the good times roll. nitro

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's a very impressive run! As far as I know, that was the first 10second run with, as you said, stock blower and 6speed tranny.

Have you dynoed your current combo?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Tom do you have a roll bar, that will add 100lbs to the car
I weight 3900lb nitro

·
Banned
2,034 Posts
No roll bar yet. My work is the biggest sponser of the MIR so they don't hassle me at all.

MOD LIST: (no secrets here)
Suspension:Completly stock excluding the front sway bar and stock wheels w/ 315 35R 17 BFG Drag Radials/Full interior
Exhaust: BBK Longtubes:2 1/2" Off Road H-pipe:3"Flowmaster Catback
Engine: Bolt-ons
2.80 JLP Upper/6lb Metco Lower/Billetflow 90mm Idler (yes there is still belt slip)
Twin 65mm BBK TB/Ported Stock inlet (by me) {I guess the BBK does work good ;) }
Meziere Electric Pump
JLP Ram Air System
JLP Tuned Diablosport Chip
94 Octane Sunoco PUMP GAS!!!!!!!
SPEC Stage 3 Clutch/ Stock shifter and Gears:jawdrop

And that was on a rush chip tune in misty rainy conditions so this sunday coming should go alittle better as JL said. See ya tomorrow Johnny!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts