Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure if im missing something or not on my front calipers or pads. But if i go over a bump going slow the front brakes will rattle like hell. And the calipers seem loose. Is there something that goes on the pads or something to stop this.

·
Registered
233 Posts
God I went through the same thing and took me forever to figure it out. It drove me nuts for almost a year. Go to napa and get the front brake hardware kit and make sure it for the cobra. None of the rest will work. In the kit there will be a clip that slids into the caliper, and it holds the caliper still. I cant remember exactly where it goes but I think it was around the rear where the caliper comes down on, and then the pin goes through.

You will understand when you get the hardware kit, from napa.

This is exactly what you need...

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpag...escription=Brake+Caliper+Hardware+Kit+-+Front

·
Blower Whine Junkie
618 Posts
Had the same problem here and that was it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Where the F#@! do these clips go?

Where the F#@! do these clips go? I don't want to drive with this noise. I cannot seem to find a pic on google of the location of these clips?

Can someone please post a picture or describe where they attach to?

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
They go on the pads, both ends. Then you drop the caliper/pads into the bracket, rear first, then push down the front and stab the pin to hold it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Im not sure if im missing something or not on my front calipers or pads. But if i go over a bump going slow the front brakes will rattle like hell. And the calipers seem loose. Is there something that goes on the pads or something to stop this.
Yes that was my problem.

I figured out that the clips go on the edge of the brake pads (Pin Side). They press fit onto the pads. There is a hole in each brake pad that the clip press fits over and then a dimple on the clip goes in the hole.

No more rattle!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think I'm having the same issue, but my car only has 7400 miles and the brakes have never been apart. Every time I go over a sharp bump, I get a rattle in the front of the car. Its driving me effin' nuts! What else could it be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts