Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a stupid question, but for those of you that replaced the Pony Emlem on your cars front with a cobra, where did you get the tool to use on those two screws in the front? Its like a reverse phillips screwdriver or something? Ive looked around but cant find them anywhere. Should I just have my dealership do it or what? What is the best option? Thanks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yeah i would say go to the dealer. They will have the tool that you need. My buddy actually works over at Toyota and they even had the tool for me. So if you go to Ford they will be able to help you.

Matt

·
Registered
207 Posts
I believe the tool is called a Star driver and you can get them at Autozone.

·
Registered
721 Posts
It's a security torx bit I believe. It looks like a standard torx, but it has a small nipple in the center that prevents removal via a standard torx bit. AutoZone has 'em... keep in mind you may have to purchase a whole set to get the one you need.

U.M.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Yup, what he said. Security torx. Autozone has em.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If you don't care about reusing the screws, you can get them out with a small flatblade screwdriver. Just jam it in between the center nipple & the edge of the hole. I took mine out that way & then used some stainless screws in place of the torx.

·
Registered
41 Posts
T-25 security torx. $1.49 - 1.99 for the bit at any auto parts store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts