Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody changed out there front control arm bushings for urethane type yet? Did it make that big of difference?

·
Registered
218 Posts
> Has anybody changed out there front control arm bushings for urethane type yet? Did it make that big of difference?

The '03 front control arm bushings are hydraulic fluid-filled and as such, polyurethane replacements may not be of considerable benefit if at all. That said, steel-sleeved Delrin bushings typically exhibit less deflection than polyurethane and are generally preferable.

Although #MMST-3 aluminum rack & pinion bushings are available, I would wait for the release of their '03-specific kit sometime later this year.

With regards to the FRPP bushings:

#1. Are the stock front control arm bushings for the '03 Cobra of equal, lesser or greater durometer than the FRPP Front Control Arm Bushing Kit #M-3070-G2 *and* are the FRPP Front Control Arm Bushing Kit #M-3070-G2 the proper replacement bushings for the '03 Cobra?

#2. Are the stock rack and pinion bushings for the '03 Cobra of equal, lesser or greater durometer than the FRPP Rack and Pinion Bushings #M-3716-G1 *and* are the FRPP Rack and Pinion Bushings #M-3716-G1 the proper replacement bushings for the '03 Cobra pinion brace (crossmember #4)?

#3. Are the FRPP Rack and Pinion Bushings bushings aluminum or polyurethane?

·
Registered
218 Posts
BTW, the reason I am asking about the FRPP bushings is because Ford Racing requires a dealer number for inquiries and the dealers that I had spoken to were practically clueless...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts