Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got around to bolting on a front bracket for my license plate. I feel this is the best way to get around without the hassle or worry of cops in states the require a front plate. I drilled two small holes under the bumper and attached a book end. I used velcro on the plate and on the book end..and done. I can take it off the bracket and plate whenever i want without showing holes. Peace.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bookend? When I first read bookend, I thought it was the technical name for some type of bracket ;)

The things we do for our cars :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Simple and to the point nice mod.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Xplicit: Not sure if Velcro will pass a fix-it-ticket inspection...
Would prefer that the plate frame bolt on to the bracket somehow.

brad65: Erica Rose Campbell =>) ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I to wonder about the velcro holding up to the windresestence?

ox03, I don't know but pm me it you want her set.:shocked

·
Registered
277 Posts
03_Sonic_Blur, Some questions is the brackets alumuim painted, does the kit come with the license plate plastic backing frame, and any thought on a GP to bring done the price?

·
Registered
481 Posts
You could try this and say :shootbird to the police...

Since July 9th, 2002 and no tickets or NEVER have been pulled over so far... knock knock knock on wood...

·
Registered
229 Posts
brad65 said:
03_Sonic_Blur, Some questions is the brackets alumuim painted, does the kit come with the license plate plastic backing frame, and any thought on a GP to bring done the price?
brad65

I need to talk with the fabricator about a GP, should be doable, but he's in Hawaii for his anniversary.

Aluminum is clear anodized, the only thing I don't supply is the actual frame. Here's a photo of the parts

John

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Front View of the plate mount. All studs and nuts are stainless steel

Click the www thingy and when you get to my site, at the top there's a link to the License Plate deal

Attachments

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Nice job, Franco. Looks real good. And less of a chance to be hassled by the cops? Now come to my house and do mine, please.

;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts