Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have decided to run a Steeda Race Wing for my Cobra, but I am very torn on the front splitter. With the huge nose on the '03, aerodynamics seem to be way out of whack, however I don't have any facts on this. Does anyone have wind tunnel results, or personal knowledge they could share about improving the front aerodynamics of the '03 cobra? I know that the goal of the front splitter is to direct airflow over the car rather than under, since air under the car = flight. Is the '00 R front facia the best answer, or would I be better off fabbing up a front splitter for myself, or using one such as Shinoda? I have noticed that on NASCAR type cars, the front splitters don't ever curve horizontally, instead they go straight down. Is this because as long as the air is blocked from going under the car, you don't have any pressure on the lower part of the front facia? I have heard that the front bumper is a very low pressure area. Help me out here, I am trying to understand.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I belive the 00R is designed to add at least some down force. If you just want to go fast and not make a lot of sharp turns, the downforce is probably not desired (increased drag).

·
Registered
51 Posts
lRageATMl said:
i wonder what the price on that badboy is...did you call the number on there to get details?
No, just found the link on another site. It looks pretty good to me but I'll bet one steep driveway and it's toast!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Why not just do this:

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
you could play twister on that wing

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
tommygun said:
you could play twister on that wing
I think for Speed WC, all cars must run that same wing. Did everyone catch on the website mention of a paddle shifted Tremec? I'd like to try that out!

Bill

·
Registered
31 Posts
The one that is on that Steeda is a one of a kind...I talked to the guy who fabricated it and said he WOULD NEVER do it again no matter how much they paid him...he had to do alot of cutting and fabricating...it also is reinforced with a brace on the bottom...by the way it doesnt line-up perfectly and it doesnt look all that pretty from close-up.

Its too bad as it would of looked good...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts