Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to this board and wanted to ask a couple of questions. Hope i'm doing this in the proper forum! My question is, did the 4.6 come with a front sump oil pan in any vehicles and what would i need to put a C4 on a 4.6 4V motor? I have a chance at getting a Marauder motor for free and i'd like to drop it in my '78 pinto....and the 351w that is in it now has a front sump pan. I work at the St. Thomas Assembly plant making Crown Vics and Grand Marquis (sp?) also the Marauder and all i've seen is rear sump pans. Can they be bought aftermarket or does anyone custom make them with a pick up? Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I have no idea about the oil pan, but I don't think it would be that hard to modify one to work for your application. As far as the C4 goes, ATI and JW both make a bellhousing to adapt a C4 to a mod motor. Sounds like a very neat project you have going there. Good luck!

Chad

·
Registered
151 Posts
The front sump pan is not needed,at least in a Mustang application.The 4.6 Cobra pan is very compact because some of the oil resides above the pan in the block.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No, I don't think that the 4.6's ever came with a front sump pan. You may have to call someone like Canton to have one made custom for your application. You will also need somebody to modify the pick-up. Good luck with your project.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your input guys, i didn't think there was a front sump pan. I'll look into getting one made $$$$$

·
Registered
137 Posts
:blob

Whoa Horsey! You can find a front sump pan from any junkyard or lincoln dealer. They came standard on 4.6 Lincoln Continentals.
You will also need the oil pickup tube from the continental and your dipstick will have to be modified.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes there is one

Ford makes a front sump oil pan for the 4.6. It is for the FWD contentinal. The oil pickup tube will work as well.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I am not sure what year they started but the 97-01's are front wheel drive. I have a couple. 80.00 shipped. pm me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts