Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, quick easy question. What wheel studs should I use up front? Picking up the greg weld 17x4.5's for the front. I have 15x8's in the back and use the arp-7703 3.5" arp studs. Should I use the same studs up front? Heard the moroso's rust and aren't as strong as the arp's. If i use the arp ones, I have to drill out the holes in the hub slightly larger right?

·
Breaking ****
1,304 Posts
yes, with the ARP's you need to remove the hub and drill out the holes and good luck finding the correct drill bit. i been running the morose up front for 4 years now, no rust, lugs will rust out before the studs will. Moroso are short enough(3" end to end, arp=3.5" end to end), that you can get them in with the hub on the car. Moroso require no drilling, just get a lot of washers, open end lug and smear a lot of antisieze on the stud and pull them thru with an impact gun (old ones hammer right out).

·
Registered
153 Posts
yes, with the ARP's you need to remove the hub and drill out the holes and good luck finding the correct drill bit. i been running the morose up front for 4 years now, no rust, lugs will rust out before the studs will. Moroso are short enough(3" end to end, arp=3.5" end to end), that you can get them in with the hub on the car. Moroso require no drilling, just get a lot of washers, open end lug and smear a lot of antisieze on the stud and pull them thru with an impact gun (old ones hammer right out).
Do you have the part # for the front Moroso studs? I have looked all over trying to find the knurl size of extended front studs that do not require drilling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.