Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As a follow up to the previous thread.

What is the story with our Fuel filters? Is it the same filter that was on previous Cobra's? Is it readily available at Pep Boys, or is it a dealer only item?

As far as the connection goes, Is it the same as on older stangs, or has that changed? I have a tool I used on my 89 LX fuel system, will that tool work?

If I need a tool , anybody have a number for the specific tool, or should I just buy the giant but cheap selection of tools from Harbor freight?
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=41869

JT

·
Registered
661 Posts
Jt here is a part a# from KD 3321, same as the old one
its the sizor tool with 2 different sizes on it , nitro

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Jt , I will try to post a pict. lol this may be funny
Here is my used filter after 4k miles only, see the durt.

nitro

Attachments

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
Just had mine changed today,, 10,800 miles..It was dirty..a lot of rusty, nasty looking S#!T came out..
Car ran fine but saw that post and got Paranoid..

jim v.

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
KevinJKD said:
Jim- did you get a ford dealer to change it? If so, what did they charge?
I had it changed at Mustang Magic.I bought the coffee and Joe did my filter, so i don't know the cost.

jim v.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim,
I wonder if the fuel filter had anything to do with sometimes variable a/f ratios?

I picked one up at the dealer today, If I get extra motivated I may install it tonight.

JT

·
The Ubiquitous Jimmy V.
3,323 Posts
JT said:
Jim,
I wonder if the fuel filter had anything to do with sometimes variable a/f ratios?

I picked one up at the dealer today, If I get extra motivated I may install it tonight.

JT
JT, Looks like we need to do a before and after fuel filter dyno.
We tried just about everything else :D

jim v.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
fuel filter

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the ford fuel filter or a (puralator/fram). Ford is 16 bucks and pep-boys is 8 bucks. I used ford because I didn't know if the aftermarket could flow as much. Maybe it's better?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts