Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size tool is needed to remove the line from the fuel rail, could you please gimma a vague idea of what it looks like. and, the line between the rails, do i just pull it off? thanks for answering an idiots question.

·
Registered
300 Posts
98Demon said:
what size tool is needed to remove the line from the fuel rail, could you please gimma a vague idea of what it looks like. and, the line between the rails, do i just pull it off? thanks for answering an idiots question.
The tools you are looking for are called spring lock tools. You can buy a complete set of plastic ones from any parts store. The plastic ones work fine for someone not making a living with them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
guess i need to go get that tool too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think it's a 3/8" either that or a 1/4" but I have a 99 and mine is a 3/8" so yours is probably the same.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Two type a scissor type and a clam type. Both fit over the hard line and close over it. Them slide it into the open spring side of the coupler. You will feel the spring release. Then pull. Comes apart easily when the spring inside spreads apart far enough.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the help, bought the $10 set from vato zone last week sometime, worked like a charm. finally (been working mucho) pulled the heads off tonight.

·
Registered
329 Posts
keep us updated!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts