Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fixing to order some ptfe fuel lines and was wondering how much I will need. I'll be running the feed on the passenger side of the car and the return on the drivers side. I'll probably be mounting the pump where the charcoal cannister was under the drivers rear wheel well. Anyone have an idea of about how much I will need?

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, I'll probably order 15 for the return and 20 for the feed since it will have to cross the width of the car. What size fuel lines did you guys run? I'm conteplating running 10 an for feed and return.

· Registered
1,058 Posts
-8 feed and -6 return.
-8 is enough for like 2000hp, but at the same time, -10 is not much more expensive. I would probably went -10feed and -8return but -10 PTFE were not listed on aeroquip.cc website's at the time I did my fuel system.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 8 an into the fore rails, any reason why the feed and return need to be different sizes? Seems like it would make the pump work harder? I bought all my hose from anfittingsdirect.com. At 3.99 a foot, you can't beat their prices on braided PTFE hose.

· Registered
1,947 Posts
I have messed with that hose and a couple of their fittings and didn't really care for them too much. I prefer the Aeroquip fittings personally, they're pretty cheap if you order them from the site I posted earlier. I only run the Teflon hose I listed under the car and up to my Y block. In the engine bay I'm running XRP hose and fittings since they aren't stainless covered and they're more flexible (The cost is MUCH higher then the Aeroquip stuff though.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.