Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my procharger stage II kit this weekend and once I got it going I took it for a test drive. The first 15 miles I didn't get on it and then I decided to get on the highway and see what it was like being blown. Well my car hesitates really bad everytime I try to go. I am thinking its the fuel pump. So can anyone tell me how to figure out if it is the fuel pump? Its the piggy back pump they supplied and I was planning on going with the GT500 pumps in a month after a few other things. Any info would be helpful

-Chris

·
Registered
232 Posts
One way is to monitor your fuel pump duty cycles.

Do you have an Xcal tuner? If so, you can log the data coming over your OBD-II port using that and the LiveLink software. That's probably the best way to find out what's going on with your fuel pump (and every other system on the car). The pump's duty cycle might be getting maxed out, but probably not if everything is hooked up properly. I'd imagine you have a wiring issue.

Here's what a normal fuel pump duty cycle should look like. Ignore the spike... that's normal when you get off the throttle.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yea I have an xcal but I am having to use the diablo tune until I can get it to the shop. :novote:
Doesn't matter what tune you have onboard, you can just plug in the Xcal and use it for data logging.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Also, is your TCS off? That'll seriously make the car fall on its face at WOT.

·
Registered
873 Posts
You can datalog directly to your diablo hand held, and don't need a laptop in the car with you.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Man, this sounds like an all too familiar thread. :)

I went through this about a month ago. It turned out to be a seized fuel pump in my GT500 setup. (One was fine, one was seized.)

I think datalogs would be helpful, but there are a few things that can cause this. Fuel pump is an obvious place to look, as well as fuel filter, slipping belt, etc...

How many miles are on the fuel pump you're running now?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.