Mustang and Ford Performance Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on a dedicated sytem for my nitrous on the 2V this year, but until then I am stuck between 2 options..Currently I have upgraded to 60# inj./ CPR fuel rails/ fuel lines/ BAP..

So, Should I :

Use the Bullitt tank and get a nice single pump( Avaiator?)

Use 03 Cobratank and do twin pump setup and have everything rewired for FPMD and BAP..

Car will be running 200 shot, wet kit..

Then when I get the dedicated system I will still have a very nice system running the motor..

Thank alot..

·
"Do Work"
1,646 Posts
I am currently in the same situation, but I have a slight delimma, so Im trying to figure out what to do. I have a 03GT with a Supercharger running 12psi. My motor is being built (As we speak) and I will be running a 100-150 shot of nitrous. Most the time a 100, but a 150 at the track or when I need it.

1st Option - 60lb Inj, Aviator Pump, KB BAP (My Current Fuel System) this will be for boost only. With a Dedicated Fuel system for the nitrous. My only problem is, my (Water Tank Resevoir) mounts on my passanger side radiator support, where the fuel tank would go. I would go that route because I dont want to do a battery relocation in my car.

2nd Option - 60lbinj, Dual Aviator Pumps, Dual Hat, KB BAP. I have been told this will handle 600+ rwhp. I believe it, but my only issue is I am concerned about the initial hit of the nitrous taking fuel off the rails while running 12psi.

I still have a week or two to study up and do some research on what I want to do. Running the 2nd option will be a bit more pricey, although option 1 seems alot safer due to I would run race gas. I am trying to debate on what to do, I am talking with Nitrous Outlet to see if the tank would work with my water resevoir there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Planning on a dedicated sytem for my nitrous on the 2V this year, but until then I am stuck between 2 options..Currently I have upgraded to 60# inj./ CPR fuel rails/ fuel lines/ BAP..

So, Should I :

Use the Bullitt tank and get a nice single pump( Avaiator?)

Use 03 Cobratank and do twin pump setup and have everything rewired for FPMD and BAP..

Car will be running 200 shot, wet kit..

Then when I get the dedicated system I will still have a very nice system running the motor..

Thank alot..
I would suggest the Cobra set up, espically if you plan to spray the 200 shot before you install the dedicated nitrous fuel system. What kind of total power are you planning on making?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am currently in the same situation, but I have a slight delimma, so Im trying to figure out what to do. I have a 03GT with a Supercharger running 12psi. My motor is being built (As we speak) and I will be running a 100-150 shot of nitrous. Most the time a 100, but a 150 at the track or when I need it.

1st Option - 60lb Inj, Aviator Pump, KB BAP (My Current Fuel System) this will be for boost only. With a Dedicated Fuel system for the nitrous. My only problem is, my (Water Tank Resevoir) mounts on my passanger side radiator support, where the fuel tank would go. I would go that route because I dont want to do a battery relocation in my car.

2nd Option - 60lbinj, Dual Aviator Pumps, Dual Hat, KB BAP. I have been told this will handle 600+ rwhp. I believe it, but my only issue is I am concerned about the initial hit of the nitrous taking fuel off the rails while running 12psi.

I still have a week or two to study up and do some research on what I want to do. Running the 2nd option will be a bit more pricey, although option 1 seems alot safer due to I would run race gas. I am trying to debate on what to do, I am talking with Nitrous Outlet to see if the tank would work with my water resevoir there.
Option #1 would be the best way to go like you said but i understand you dilema with your choice of battery relocation. If you go with option#2 what you can do to prevent that initial lean spike is tap your fuel right from your feed line on the pass. side fenderwell. Theres a couple ways to do this espically if you running AN lines and rails.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest the Cobra set up, espically if you plan to spray the 200 shot before you install the dedicated nitrous fuel system. What kind of total power are you planning on making?
Plan on somewhere in the 500 range, just not sure how much the car will make on motor so Im just thinking 300.. ported heads/cams/Bullitt intake/LT's..

Anything that can be done to help with the initial hit from the fuel rail? I was told on a 150+ shot it will suck the rail dry??

If I do the dedeicated system now, could I skip the 03 tank setup? Spend the money o a Nitrous Outlet system and just put a nice pump in the GT tank?

Or is the 03 tank just that much better?

·
Registered
116 Posts
In the 300 range sounds right for your motor combo, a 150 Shot will use a lot of the rail fuel its not gonna empty it though. We have had great success in using the NX #16190 fuel adapter which goes in line between the metal tube and plastic/rubber feed line on the pass. side fenderwell. This way your getting constent fuel volume from the feed line and not having to disrupt the rail fuel as much.

Honestly if it was my car i would just get a nice Aviator or SVT focus pump and spend the money on the dedicated Nitrous fuel system. Will be easier to tune with and better in the long run

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Why not convert to a pretty big return system and never worry about fuel again? Just a thought.
-Kyle

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why not convert to a pretty big return system and never worry about fuel again? Just a thought.
-Kyle
I had considered that, but at this point Id like to stick with the parts I have..If the car becomes mroe than a street/strip playtoy I may switch over..

And I need some parts coated!!!:bigwink:

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I had considered that, but at this point Id like to stick with the parts I have..If the car becomes mroe than a street/strip playtoy I may switch over..

And I need some parts coated!!!:bigwink:
Personally, I have decided to make the switch to return before I got deep in the returnless way.... all the parts sitting in the garage. :bigwink: BTW, send me a PM and we can Certainly get some parts coated for ya. :tip:
-Kyle

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found a dry and wet kit from Dynotune, 150 HP settings for both..IF I went return style would I still need a dedicated system?

I have a sumped 03 Tank I can use for this..

Keep the 60# injectors and get something like a A1100 pump?

Sell the BAP?

What regulator for a return setup?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts